IGNORED

3 10" subwoofers.... any design ideas??

PrOxLaMuS©

Well, finally I got my 280Z and I started moving all my stuff from my Sentra to the Z.

However , I have a cuustom box made from MTX with 3 10inch subwoofers which I have been trying to squeeze in.

SImply, not possible....

so does anyone have any good pics about their trunk/hatch setup for subwoofer or speaker setups?

I have seen a few nice setups from 240SX's... 300ZX's.... even Supra's.... but I just need a nice idea for a box I will end up building which will look good in the 280Z :)

SO... anyone with pics, ideas, or drawings....

please post em here :)

Does someone also have any ideas or pictures on placement of single or double subwoofers(behind seats, on the deck, etc.) that keeps maximum space on the deck? Not trying to steal the thread, but the added info would help. Thanks, Victor.

Originally posted by PrOxLaMuS©

However , I have a cuustom box made from MTX with 3 10inch subwoofers which I have been trying to squeeze in.

I've seen quite a few picts from the MSA show. Take a look in our gallery and you should find something. I seem to remember someone using the spare tire well and another person making a box that fit under his rear strut brace (between the struts). Amps were facing toward the rear and speakers were facing front toward the driver.

[m]

Yeah, it seems like it would be pretty hard to hide the 12 inchers. I'm thinking more like 8 inchers max. Think I'll look through the gallery as advised and see if someone had a brainstorm that worked. Victor.

Well here's what I am trying to put in....

may have to ditch the box.. obviously....

but anyone think they will fit? Its those damn hydrolic rear hatch things that move it up and down which get that in the way....

Me and my dad are going to try to build a box this weekend... just to squeeze em in.

and what do you know.. mines a Sentra too :)

330795_17_full.jpg

330795_8_full.jpg

• 5 months later...

You can do many things in the Z hatch area....

go get a spacer saver spare tire and have a custom box built to partially insert into the spare well.. have it stick up above the floorabout a good 4 inches and you should have enough clearance for a floor mounted sub...

just be sure to add mesh screen to avoid tearing it up while being able to set things on and around it....

build a false floor around it....just be sure to keep the sub enclosure smaller than the surrounding floor so you can pull the box out should you need to use the spare....

the end result should look good....with the false floor having your choice of

carpet or vinyl....I once saw a unit like this hinged to give acces to the spare well....

OR.....cut the driver side rear plastic panel and create a single 10 inch sub enclosure that mounts info the cavity between the rear qtr and the hatch....

just be sure to upholster the enclusore as close as possible to the look of the side panel.....

this should tuck the single sub away and give you plenty of room for a suitcase(s), groceries AND some bass to boot.

Just be sure to make some mounting brackets so the enclosure doesn't fall in and dent the qtr panel from the inside out....

Keep the enclosure small as a large one WILL blow your struts out and give you handling problems....

ask me how I know...

I have a single 12 inch redline OD series sub with a design reference 300 watt amp monoed into it....

I have custom made speaker pods under the wing window atop the wheel well hump located in front of the nook of the rear shock tower

I am still formulating or deciding on whether to make speaker pods for the

kick panels....or the doors....I am leaning towards custom door panels.

sorry no pics at this time....digi cam went to heaven

i made my own box to fit right behind the seat. I made it to take as lilttle space as posible. I plan to run 2 8" diamond audio CM3 subs. These subs are really good. These subs can be use wit really small enclosures. My boxes are built wit an inner volume of i tink a little more than .27cubic inches of air volume after displacing the subwoofer. They sit snug right behind the seats. Still allowing u space to recline the seats and slide it bak some.

Just wanted to share my setup.