Jeff Berk

260z Color wiring diagram?

    Recommended Posts

    I have some time on my hands so I've started coloring in a wiring diagram for a 260z. Before I sink too much time into this, has anyone come across a COLOR 260z wiring diagram?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I've not seen one for the 260.

    What tool would you be using to create the diagram? There's a great one for the 77 done in AutoCAD. Would it save you work to start from that and modify it for the 260, or would it be just as easy to start from scratch?

    • Like 1
    • Thanks 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I'm using Inkscape, an open source drawing program similar to Adobe Illustrator. The wires are grouped in layers by system (e.g. lighting, ignition) but I haven't figured out yet how to keep the layers separate when I export them to acrobat. wire drawing pg1.pdf

    I have tomorrow night and a couple days next weekend with nothing to do and I hope to have it 75% completed by then unless it's already been done by someone.

    The wires are colored according to the diagram's designation and I use a dashed colored line to designate the secondary wire color so LY would be a blue line with a yellow dash as an example.

    Edited by Jeff Berk
    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    @Jeff Berk @Kurbycar32 @SteveJ

    Since y'all have 260's, and I have a 1977 280 ( which there is an available color diagram ) anyone want to swap cars and titles so i have a NEED to make a color diagram for a 260z?

     

    Just a thought.   I laugh at my thoughts.

    Coincidentally, I have a few free days coming up myself.

    Wayne

    • Haha 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    4 minutes ago, wal280z said:

    @Jeff Berk @Kurbycar32 @SteveJ

    Since y'all have 260's, and I have a 1977 280 ( which there is an available color diagram ) anyone want to swap cars and titles so i have a NEED to make a color diagram for a 260z?

     

    Just a thought.   I laugh at my thoughts.

    Coincidentally, I have a few free days coming up myself.

    Wayne

    I could do it in AutoCAD, but I just haven't decided I needed a color version. ROFL

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, SteveJ said:

    I could do it in AutoCAD, but I just haven't decided I needed a color version. ROFL

    You may not need a color version, but ya can't just think about yourself. The need has been shown.

    Take one for the team and publish a color one already/ :beer:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    The wiring diagram is taking longer than I thought but here's where I'm at so far. Feel free to poke holes in it as I'm working through the remaining wires and fixing errors. The wires are grouped by sub-system but for now that feature gets stripped off during the conversion to pdf.

    wire drawing pg3.pdf wire drawing pg4.pdf wire drawing pg2.pdf wire drawing pg1.pdf

    Edited by Jeff Berk

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    On 11/17/2019 at 11:40 AM, Jeff Berk said:

    I'm using Inkscape, an open source drawing program similar to Adobe Illustrator. The wires are grouped in layers by system (e.g. lighting, ignition) but I haven't figured out yet how to keep the layers separate when I export them to acrobat. wire drawing pg1.pdf

     

    You would probably have to make each layer a separate .pdf.

    Extra work, but It would make things easier to trace.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    The layer issue is that I recently lost access to the current version of Adobe Acrobat Pro. I can create separate pdf's of each layer using the software I have on hand but as of yet, I'm unable to then combine them into a single pdf while maintaining separate layers without Adobe Pro. I'm looking into some work arounds. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now