IGNORED

260z Color wiring diagram?

Jeff Berk

I'm using Inkscape, an open source drawing program similar to Adobe Illustrator. The wires are grouped in layers by system (e.g. lighting, ignition) but I haven't figured out yet how to keep the layers separate when I export them to acrobat. wire drawing pg1.pdf

I have tomorrow night and a couple days next weekend with nothing to do and I hope to have it 75% completed by then unless it's already been done by someone.

The wires are colored according to the diagram's designation and I use a dashed colored line to designate the secondary wire color so LY would be a blue line with a yellow dash as an example.

Edited by Jeff Berk
  • Like 1

@Jeff Berk @Kurbycar32 @SteveJ

Since y'all have 260's, and I have a 1977 280 ( which there is an available color diagram ) anyone want to swap cars and titles so i have a NEED to make a color diagram for a 260z?

Just a thought.   I laugh at my thoughts.

Coincidentally, I have a few free days coming up myself.

Wayne

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wal280z said:

@Jeff Berk @Kurbycar32 @SteveJ

Since y'all have 260's, and I have a 1977 280 ( which there is an available color diagram ) anyone want to swap cars and titles so i have a NEED to make a color diagram for a 260z?

Just a thought.   I laugh at my thoughts.

Coincidentally, I have a few free days coming up myself.

Wayne

I could do it in AutoCAD, but I just haven't decided I needed a color version. ROFL

1 minute ago, SteveJ said:

I could do it in AutoCAD, but I just haven't decided I needed a color version. ROFL

You may not need a color version, but ya can't just think about yourself. The need has been shown.

Take one for the team and publish a color one already/ :beer:

• 1 month later...

The wiring diagram is taking longer than I thought but here's where I'm at so far. Feel free to poke holes in it as I'm working through the remaining wires and fixing errors. The wires are grouped by sub-system but for now that feature gets stripped off during the conversion to pdf.

wire drawing pg3.pdf wire drawing pg4.pdf wire drawing pg2.pdf wire drawing pg1.pdf

Edited by Jeff Berk

On 11/17/2019 at 11:40 AM, Jeff Berk said:

I'm using Inkscape, an open source drawing program similar to Adobe Illustrator. The wires are grouped in layers by system (e.g. lighting, ignition) but I haven't figured out yet how to keep the layers separate when I export them to acrobat. wire drawing pg1.pdf

You would probably have to make each layer a separate .pdf.

Extra work, but It would make things easier to trace.

The layer issue is that I recently lost access to the current version of Adobe Acrobat Pro. I can create separate pdf's of each layer using the software I have on hand but as of yet, I'm unable to then combine them into a single pdf while maintaining separate layers without Adobe Pro. I'm looking into some work arounds.