IGNORED

Spark plug reading

Do any of you guys know the part number for the Nissan OEM rear main seal?

The dealership parts counter guy shows 2 part numbers with no drawings. He's probably just being lazy. I'd like to just walk in with the correct part number and say "here, order this".

I'm either too

incompetent to operate the search function or it doesn't work on my phone with Tapatalk.

Thanks.

Sent from my Coolpad 3310A using Tapatalk

On 11/15/2019 at 2:38 PM, siteunseen said:

I'm sure that's what I have on my car because I don't an extra on my Datsun parts rack.  It may be a good idea to check further.  Maybe @Diseazd would know fairly easy?

Sorry Site.....I don’t know the part number....I depend on Motorsports or ZcarDepot to get it right.

Nissan seal is on the left. The Fel Pro is on the right(as you are viewing the picture). The Nissan one is slightly less deep than the Fel Pro one.

Got it installed and driven about 15 miles for a test run/ milkshake for the kid. No apparent leaks.

She's getting good at not spilling during high speed turns haha. a8e049b44c81e3afd97b67fde37aac72.jpg&key=161d601f5f6382814d473469ce210d7ff98f7ad06d6e45210e1fd1eca85753d4

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A quick update and thanks to all who chimed in on this, and it can be put to bed.  I've been driving the Z to work and around on the weekends alongside the Tesla's and Subaru's since last post.  I have around 1,000 miles since last time I topped up the oil after replacing the rear main(again) and have seen no drop on the dipstick.  I added some Lucas fuel octane booster to the tank(92 oct rating base) and have the base timing set to around 12 degrees.  All fuel related issues seem to have been corrected(need to modify my vacuum advance).  Now that I'm comfortable in that it's a daily drive worthy, rain capable Z with heat and defrost I'll prob keep it in the garage for most of the rest of the winter.  Rust only gets worse. 

• Like 1