IGNORED

Sticky idle

Rio24

Quote: " I swapped carb position and problem stays in middle carb. "

I must be missing something. If a good carb does the same thing in the center position, then it can't be the carb or the linkage

Also, If the linkage is disconnected as shown then the linkage is out of the equation completely.

So its been good all the while you had it and then turned to crap after carb rebuild?

Clearly the internal return spring on that middle carb isn't doing its job. Either the spring is weak or the throttle shaft or plates are binding. If you disconnect the internal spring, you'll be able to feel whether there's any binding.

Even without fixing the problems on the individual carbs, the linkage with a strong spring should be able to pull all throttles closed. If it can't, and it's not a throttle stop on the linkage limiting it, then I would think the carbs aren't balanced perfectly and one of the other carbs has reached its stop earlier and is preventing further movement of the linkage.

• Like 1

Somebody's voice says "that one sticks a little bit too" at second 12 in the video.  The video's only 25 seconds long...

There's a lot of randomness in this thread.  Carbs are pretty simple.  Your finger acted as a "spring" in the video itself.  You just need more force to close the blades.

That was a co workers voice and it was fake news. Just middle one sticks and its not the carb because I switch carbs around and sticks to middle position.  There are many triple weber config running with 0 or just 1 weak return spring. I wish it was just that.  Please understand that it is beyond adding more return springs. I'm determined to get this solved. Thanks for the help.  I will definitely post the solution on this thread

No offense.  But there's no target to shoot at...

Your posts are full of distracting information, then you say "I already checked that" when people make suggestions.  "Please understand"?  You came here asking...  Seems like you're trying to make sure that only you find the solution.  Good luck.

Edited by Zed Head