float bowl overflow - Page 3 - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

float bowl overflow

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

@Patcon Well, I did not want Cliff to feel special so a set are also going to you Charles.  btw your's is the last set on Ebay. Cliff is Mr. Penultimate.

DatsunDan in Alabama is sending them so they should get there soon!

 

 

So Cool! Thank you!

 Please, one of you two send (lend) a set to The Capn' so he can start making more.

I'd be glad to if he is interested.

I hope mine has glass balls to!

AlabamaDan, don't bust my balls. LOL

 

Edited by siteunseen

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

So what is it about those jets that makes them so magnificent?  I've not looked into them at all.

They evidently dont leak and make a better seal

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I tried my Nissan parts guy for some new floats, p/n 16061-E4310, big ole "nada" as in nada available anymore. 

I'd read this before and he also said the same.  The floats are made of some lightweight fuel resistant foam and are solid so they can't absorb fuel.  He suggested sanding them and carefully bending things back into shape.

I wanted new floats to go with my new Grose valves.  

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

I tried my Nissan parts guy for some new floats, p/n 16061-E4310, big ole "nada" as in nada available anymore. 

I'd read this before and he also said the same.  The floats are made of some lightweight fuel resistant foam and are solid so they can't absorb fuel.  He suggested sanding them and carefully bending things back into shape.

I wanted new floats to go with my new Grose valves.  

I think Z therapy has them

My something learned today, thanks to @240260280.  I can go to bed now. 

Penultimate...

pe·nul·ti·mate
/pəˈnəltəmət/
adjective
  1. last but one in a series of things; second last.
    "the penultimate chapter of the book"
 

 

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

I tried my Nissan parts guy for some new floats, p/n 16061-E4310, big ole "nada" as in nada available anymore. 

I'd read this before and he also said the same.  The floats are made of some lightweight fuel resistant foam and are solid so they can't absorb fuel.  He suggested sanding them and carefully bending things back into shape.

I wanted new floats to go with my new Grose valves.  

Kidney?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-240Z-SU-Carburetor-Carb-Floats-Set-Hitachi-NOS-Factory-Original/272502363687?fits=Make%3ADatsun&hash=item3f72681627:g:80wAAOSw4CFYnjd4

It is a Grose Jet flood!  I just pulled a pair of Grose Jets from a set of carbs yesterday. I can send for paypal postage.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.