IGNORED

"Brand new" 280Z

brunodoggy

7 hours ago, ensys said:

On the other hand, I am confident in stating that all 280s were sprayed on the interior (including the tunnel) with the body color, and barring a misleading color rendition, the ash tray pocket seen at the top of the tunnel is not blue, nor is the flat area in front of the shifter.

Here is a shot of brand new #305 paint, if I didn't tell you that it is the exact same colour as the OP's car, what colour would you say it is?

IMG_0004.JPG

7 hours ago, ensys said:

I am also confident that the undercarraige shots clearly indicate a fair number of miles on the chassis. The roll bar and its fixing bolt head, as well as the forward faces of the susp. arms are definitely not just muddy.

Here is a shot of a 280z under carriage with 106,000 miles,

IMG_1139.JPG

• Like 4

Mr.grannyknot:

With all due respect, Sir, I'm not sure I get your point.

Even taking into account the florescent lighting and the iffy quality of the foto, the only thing i can say for sure is what the color shown isn't; it is not the same color as the blue on the exterior of the Z under discussion, paint code notwithstanding. Whether or not the color you show is the same color as on the interior tunnel is moot; the point is that the exterior and interior colors do not match. I attach a shot of my 200K mi. 280 to demonstrate the relevance of this point.

The relevance of the second foto is completely lost on me. As I noted in my last post, my deductive conclusion remains only that the undercarriage clearly shows more than 350mi., without trying to predict the true mileage on the chassis (I attach a shot of my 280 (again, 200K mi.) to demonstrate the futility of trying to guess a true mileage based on visible condition alone). My first guess was based on the idea that the odometer belonged to the subject vehicle; I believe my theory about the dash and its instruments negates that preliminary mileage supposition without discrediting the original assumption (more than 350mi).

It is a fine mystery indeed.

5321_a3.jpg

5204_tofrnt_1b.jpg

Edited by ensys

Personally I think grannyknot made a valid comment about the color. His point,  I think, was to show a roof shot that is painted the same color as the OP's car assuming the OP's car is original blue, but looks silver because camera auto exposure and color balance functionality can easily be tricked into making, for instance, blues lean silver or reds lean orange or oranges lean red or lemon/lime yellow lean yellow...etc, etc. The question I think grannyknot wants the reader to ask themselves is.... could it be that the ash tray / tunnel shot provided by the OP suffers from the same camera color shift phenomenon, thereby causing the OP's shot to look more silver than blue.

We could also just bypass the technology (and I am a technology guy...camera hobby guy too).

OP....what do your eyes see? Is the tunnel of your car and area under the ash tray the same color as the exterior? What about under the carpet on the rear deck? What about under the carpet behind the seats? Under the seats? Under the floor carpet?  Under the rear strut tower caps? 

Ok.  Here are some more pictures. I am comfortable stating that the 350 miles are true. I pumped up the original tires and they held air! Released the brake and was able to push the car by hand. I was not expecting that!.

IMG_20190720_124722.jpg

IMG_20190720_115855.jpg

IMG_20190720_115829.jpg

IMG_20190720_115328.jpg

IMG_20190720_115338.jpg

MVIMG_20190720_115446.jpg

IMG_20190720_115502.jpg

IMG_20190720_115519.jpg

IMG_20190720_115549.jpg

IMG_20190720_115612.jpg

IMG_20190720_115630.jpg

IMG_20190720_115840.jpg

MVIMG_20190720_115538.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ensys said:

the point is that the exterior and interior colors do not match.

I posted the pic of my #305 code roof to illustrate how easily this colour can change it's appearance depending on the available light level when the pic was taken, from my experience the colour of the OP's exterior and ash tray cup could easily match.  Now that the OP has posted a pic of the trans tunnel we can all see that they do match.

6 hours ago, ensys said:

As I noted in my last post, my deductive conclusion remains only that the undercarriage clearly shows more than 350mi

To me it shows no such thing,  what I see is virtually no miles but 43 years sitting. 

@brunodoggy, I don't know what you paid but you got a great deal regardless, take lots of pics.

Edited by grannyknot
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, jonathanrussell said:

Personally I think grannyknot made a valid comment about the color. His point,  I think, was to show a roof shot that is painted the same color as the OP's car assuming the OP's car is original blue, but looks silver because camera auto exposure and color balance functionality can easily be tricked into making, for instance, blues lean silver or reds lean orange or oranges lean red or lemon/lime yellow lean yellow...etc, etc. The question I think grannyknot wants the reader to ask themselves is.... could it be that the ash tray / tunnel shot provided by the OP suffers from the same camera color shift phenomenon, thereby causing the OP's shot to look more silver than blue.

Exactly what I was trying to say but you said it with more eloquence:rolleyes: