IGNORED

"Brand new" 280Z

brunodoggy

5 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I've mentioned this in other threads not sure I did here,  But check those fuel injection hoses for cracks on the ends.  They crack lengthwise and let fuel leak.  I had raw fuel squirting all over my hot engine one day soon after I got my car.  Luckily, no ignition occurred.  Not real visible without a good eye and bright light.  Age alone might make them weak, like tires.  You might have to change those to modern hoses if you want to run the engine, even though the originals add to the time capsule feel.

Yes, that's good advice. I haven't decided if I'm going to get this car running or eventually sell it as a barn-find time capsule.

• 10 months later...

Well, I wouldn't be too sure about that.

My '77 is an original Cal. car, and it came well treated with the then conventional asphalt-based undercoat. Not terribly neatly, but thorough.

22 minutes ago, brunodoggy said:

That's good to hear!  The Scallop hubcaps look great on your car!  The picture of the 1976 Z brochure proves it. I also Googled 1976 Datsun 280Z  "Images" and the 1976 280Zs shown that didn't have aftermarket wheels on them, all had the Scallop hubcaps.  Looks like Zhome.com will need to make the correction to '72 thru '76 Z-Cars for the Scallop hubcaps.

Good luck to you with the sale of your world record low mileage 280Z!  I would put it on BringaTrailer.com if I were you, as it only costs $100.00 to list a car. A pristine '71 240Z with 21K miles sold for $310K in January. 

BAT is where it will probably eventually end up. Right now we are focusing on making sure it looks EXACTLY like it did when sitting in the dealer's showroom. That will hopefully be completed in time for ZCON. This is mostly just detailed cleaning, other than the mechanical work cleaning brake and gas lines and getting the engine running.

• Like 1