IGNORED

Car covers

siteunseen

I can get the BRE for $189

https://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=080A02&Category_Code=car_covers

Or this tight fitting indoor black one that has some good reviews for $160 with a coupon code.  It'd be a little harder to take off and on I think but I do like a tight fit.  Giggity...

https://www.carcovers.com/covers/cars/datsun/240z/1972/black-satin-shield.html#customer-reviews

Opinions please.

Cliff,

Something to consider is the absence of a pocket for the driver-side mirror.  It clearly is not there with the black, stretchy cover and you can see in the pic the tension on the mirror.  I would avoid this cover for that very reason.  The BRE cover does not show a pocket and there is no mention of one in the description.  The cover looks to be loose enough to not put pressure on the mirror.  My cover is a single-layer fabric, indoor only, specifically designed for the car with a mirror pocket.  I seem to recall they offered a choice of none, one, or two pockets.  The fit is excellent, it follows the lines perfectly, nothing loose to flop around.  Unfortunately, I do not recall the mfr.

Jim

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

Cliff,

Something to consider is the absence of a pocket for the driver-side mirror.  It clearly is not there with the black, stretchy cover and you can see in the pic the tension on the mirror.  I would avoid this cover for that very reason.  The BRE cover does not show a pocket and there is no mention of one in the description.  The cover looks to be loose enough to not put pressure on the mirror.  My cover is a single-layer fabric, indoor only, specifically designed for the car with a mirror pocket.  I seem to recall they offered a choice of none, one, or two pockets.  The fit is excellent, it follows the lines perfectly, nothing loose to flop around.  Unfortunately, I do not recall the mfr.

Jim

When you recall, call me!

CoverCraft has a nice one too but the BRE is tried and tested for many owners I've read.  That black stretchy one asked if it's a single or double pocket so i need to call them direct.  Their website is horrible, like a damn circus!

36 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

When you recall, call me!

CoverCraft has a nice one too but the BRE is tried and tested for many owners I've read.  That black stretchy one asked if it's a single or double pocket so i need to call them direct.  Their website is horrible, like a damn circus!

I just located my invoice: from CarCoverUSA, Covercraft Custom Fit, 1971 Datsun 240Z, Base with one mirror pocket, Polycotton PD gray, size G2. $154.95 + $10 shipping (2017).

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

I just located my invoice: from CarCoverUSA, Covercraft Custom Fit, 1971 Datsun 240Z, Base with one mirror pocket, Polycotton PD gray, size G2. $154.95 + $10 shipping (2017).

Hope this helps.

I was a distributer for Covercraft products during an earlier phase of my life and highly recommend them.  My 914-6 has worn Covercraft for 27 years and my Avanti for over 40 - they last a long time..  The covers are machine washable and custom fit.  You can order with or without mirror pockets.  Covercraft made many custom covers for Studebakers from the 1930s and 40s based on customer dimensions I sent in to them.  The good old days!

Dennis

• Like 3

Cliff,

Just to add my 2 cents to the discussion---

I have the BRE cover for my 73 and love it. Very well made and very soft to the finish on your car. I also like the fact that it is so associated with those halcyon days of Datsun racing. :victorious:

It stays put in high winds----not a problem. It fits tightly where it matters at the nose and tail and completely covers the car down to almost the centers of the wheels. The lack of a mirror pocket is not an issue.

• Like 3

FYI, I am very happy with the Covercraft Dustop. It's very soft and fits well with a single mirror pocket and it is long enough to cover the front chin spoiler and the wheels to slightly below the center hub.