Glass filter/Red-Kote results - Page 2 - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Glass filter/Red-Kote results

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I have some helpful tips I can share on the whole tank refurbishing thing.  Glad to help if I can.

Tips would be much appreciated.

  • Author

Here's the thread I started after I did the 280's tank.  That was my learning experience.  I will post the "better" way I used on the 240 tomorrow.

 

8 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Another neat thing about those glass filters, when my float levels were off that thing was never completely full.  After a painstaking week of getting the floats right that filter has always been completely full.  If I see it's not full and filling itself up as the car runs I will revisit the float levels. :beer:

I agree, I like to see the fuel too that's why I got one, but the problem is not the glass it's the cheap pot metal on either end, it has no strength.  This is a much safer bet,

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

You are 100% right Chris!  I've split a couple of the ends over the years and that threaded center stalk deteriorates over time.  A fuel filter that's not fuel proof?  Anyway I hand tighten mine and check them all the time.

I will look around for an aluminum one like you've posted, Jegs has good variety.  Thanks, Cliff.

I like this one...

image.png

Edited by siteunseen

That sucks. Good thing it didn’t happen when you were driving. I guess I won’t get one of those.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I bow down in shame.

Went downstairs to wash some clothes and the smell of gas hit me. Which one you did this?

20190623_101552.jpg

 

 

That was oddly coincidental! It wasn't me...

 It's called Synchronicity. I suggest you look skyward and say thanks.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Mark Maras said:

 It's called Synchronicity. I suggest you look skyward and say thanks.

One of my favorite albums. 8^)

"The telephone is ringing...is that my Mother on the phone?"

These are the reasons for an electric water heater in my downstars garage.

houseup.jpg

 

Edited by siteunseen

  • Author
On 6/21/2019 at 6:46 PM, grannyknot said:

I agree, I like to see the fuel too that's why I got one, but the problem is not the glass it's the cheap pot metal on either end, it has no strength.  This is a much safer bet,

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

How do these secure the hose ends?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.