IGNORED

Zcargarage Big Brake Kit

8 hours ago, grannyknot said:

That may be so but I imagine Stoptech has very big shelves .

About 3 months ago I was quoted $3000 for all 4 corners and $350 for the parking brake calipers and adapters.  I didn't have the cash then but maybe when I sell one of my toys,  will be very interested to hear what Duffy has to say when he gets his car on the road.

They're off the shelf calipers, obviously very decent ones.  You can even see the 'spacer' that's used to alter the width.

The fact that they are milled, and they have z garage on the caliper before and after powder coating.  So when they were being made it was added.  it's just a guess.  Also how tiny of a rotors they fit around.  Stop tech makes all the parts, all the brackets, bolts etc..  I would guess it was a from the ground up design.  The fact that they aren't cast calipers means they could change them however they wanted.  

1 hour ago, duffymahoney said:

The fact that they are milled, and they have z garage on the caliper before and after powder coating.  So when they were being made it was added.  it's just a guess.  Also how tiny of a rotors they fit around.  Stop tech makes all the parts, all the brackets, bolts etc..  I would guess it was a from the ground up design.  The fact that they aren't cast calipers means they could change them however they wanted.  

You can see the casting marks? Not a bad thing, my AP's are cast versions!

They're then machined after on certain faces, you can see how the logo's been altered, its even a different colour.

I got married last week, so progress slowed down. Hopefully driving it this weekend. 

The e-brake is in. Basically attached right up. I used a simple C clip to hold it in. It doesn’t need it. But I thought it would help. I need to adjust it currently it too many clicks up, the goal is 5-6  the e brake calipers lock the wheels down crazy tight.   

I have installed the master. I found a write up on here about bench bleeding. I tried this method. I really liked it. Zero air left in. I’m going dot4 race fluid from stoptech. My favorite drive is a 10 mile 2k vertical hill climb to my local ski resort. Brakes get hot on the way down. I hate brake fluid. Hate it. Somehow I got some in my eye. 

695F4DA7-C8E0-46C8-990A-6FB992EC08F4.jpeg

D2706061-24D8-4D7C-8174-9BE340D8B1EC.jpeg

Congratulations on getting married!

I know the "favorite drive" that you mentioned above. Fun road! Look forward to hitting it in my Z one of these days!

Thanks for sharing the process and info on the brake upgrade. I am also working my way through your build thread. Really enjoy your posts.

1 hour ago, MrScott said:

Congratulations on getting married!

I know the "favorite drive" that you mentioned above. Fun road! Look forward to hitting it in my Z one of these days!

Thanks for sharing the process and info on the brake upgrade. I am also working my way through your build thread. Really enjoy your posts.

Thanks! 

So BBK kit by ZCarGarage is literally amazing. Honestly it’s the best stopping power of any car I have ever driven. Pedal feel is great. Clears everything nicely. Wants to throw me through the window. I’m not an expert, but I think the bias feels amazing. 

E-brake setup works well but has to be set. Also you have to move the e-brake springs to a lower mount.  I decided I wanted this setup for now.

I want to park her on a steep hill and see how the e-brake holds  

1DE4C807-EEF5-4D44-87F4-56FA0E229CE6.jpeg