IGNORED

Can I weld a hinge pin back together?

charliekwin

This guy popped off yesterday. As far as I can tell, the detent roller pins are NLA, and there are no aftermarket replacements either. Is there any hope in trying to weld it back together? Or other/better options I don't know about? Thanks!a3fb54951eb2d465fe20415d1bff60bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

One option would be to source a hinge and paint it or steal the pin out of the new donor hinge. I know I couldn't weld that and make it hold. I might could if out TIG rig was working but I d on't think my MIG rig would make a clean enough weld

Mark I apologize for forgetting your deep well of knowledge. Phillip has helped me so much over the years. I am grateful to the both of you!

@Zed Head I am always impressed  at your ability to express, relay information without all the bull****. You are great and deep well of info.

Ima about to cook 56 pork shoilders  and 62 slabs of ribb for the holiday.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, charliekwin said:

This guy popped off yesterday. As far as I can tell, the detent roller pins are NLA, and there are no aftermarket replacements either. Is there any hope in trying to weld it back together? Or other/better options I don't know about? 

Did you get the rest of it out? Or waiting... I'm with Patcon - see if you can find another hinge.

Thanks guys. I didn't think welding would work either, so I'll probably leave it for the time being, at least until I get new bumpers. The rest of the pin is still in there and doesn't want to move, and the thought of taking off everything to get that hinge out is rather unappealing. Fortunately, it's the passenger side, so it matters less

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1