IGNORED

73 Z brings $52,500 on BaT

On 5/10/2019 at 2:52 AM, Mike said:

Nice...  seems like some great cars coming out of the woodwork lately...

There's so many of them, thats what some people seem to forget! Even with a 90% death rate, there's still so many out there.  The fact that the 432 went for 65 or 80k(can't remember which), where as the restored blue one went for 49k, this is at 43k(i'd prefer this one) shows just how strange and immature the market is.

Edited by Jason240z
  • Like 2

Unquestionably a nice example (and very professionally presented), so deserving of a premium price.  Still, it's a 73, where prevailing wisdom (now obsolete?) has said that these should be discounted relative to the 70-71 models.  Overall,  I think we're seeing a solid trend towards 'good' Z's moving up in value by $5K - $10K compared to a year ago.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-91/

1973_datsun_240z_155608271395d565ef66e7dMG_2536-e1557181401289-940x628.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 6:54 AM, Namerow said:

Unquestionably a nice example (and very professionally presented), so deserving of a premium price.  Still, it's a 73, where prevailing wisdom (now obsolete?) has said that these should be discounted relative to the 70-71 models.  Overall,  I think we're seeing a solid trend towards 'good' Z's moving up in value by $5K - $10K compared to a year ago.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-91/

A thread on this car was already started under 'Internet Finds" back on May 9th, but no one mentioned the final auction hammer price (including myself). I agree with you, a very fine example and and presented very well. The seller was also very forthcoming when answering questions.  240Zs are finally getting the respect they deserve and the auction prices are reflecting that.