IGNORED

Blue 1970 S30 on BAT

Mike

Clearly (and not surprisingly), there are people viewing both this ClassicZ thread and that BAT sale. Right after I brought it up here, they started talking about the dash cap on BAT and they're all over it now. It's an easy issue to fix. Expensive, but simple.

"there has been some discussion of this car on a prominent Z car website, Classiczcars.com"

Woot. We're prominent!!    :victorious:

So just to be clear... I don't see anywhere where the seller ever portrayed this car to be a "completely correct" example. So all the chatter from people (like me) about the things that are "wrong" is info for the next owner who wants to make it better. That car isn't done, but it's a beautiful starting point!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Motorman7 thanks for the explainer on dashes .... between the Blue car BaT thread, another recent BaT thread where the issue was discussed at length, and now your pics and explanation here, as a Z new owner and novice, I feel like I've gotten my Zdash education ? 

Now, about 2,500 other topics to master and I can hang with you guys!

I've got my car at Robert's shop right now (blue car seller), he is nearby from where I bought it, and am awaiting a proposal from the Z Guild for some refreshing/restoration before the car makes its way back east. Have spoken with Robert a bunch of times and seen his work (not on the blue car, that apparently was done before he got it), from what I have investigated I am in good hands with Robert and his shop.

Where these things so often go off the rails is the debate over “correctness” - as in, that shouldn’t be that way, period. There doesn’t appear to be anything in the description that claims it’s The One True Datsun, but rather a nicely maintained and presented example. This is a used car, nearly 50 years old. If there’s no misrepresentation of what it is or isn’t, the discussion about variations and changes can be interesting and educational. But the ego-polishers charge in with their absolutes and the whole process gets hijacked.

• Like 2