IGNORED

Help with identification on sitting 280z

280zzz

13 minutes ago, 280zzz said:

Thanks! What would a reasonable offer on this be do you think?

What are your plans, and what are your skills?  Find out more about how long it's been sitting and what is broken.

California has non-op fees also.  You should just put your city in your avatar, searching area codes is a pain.

Have fully restored pontiacs in the

4 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

What are your plans, and what are your skills?  Find out more about how long it's been sitting and what is broken.

California has non-op fees also.  You should just put your city in your avatar, searching area codes is a pain.

Have fully restored pontiacs in the past so no problems with that (except time). Will add my city.

7 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

Concur...75 or 76.
You need to look at the floor boards for rust. Does it or when did it last run? All that matters when determining its value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do thanks!

5 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

Does it or when did it last run? All that matters when determining its value.

If he plans to swap a V8 in that wouldn't matter so much.  Generally, I say pick a car that has the least of what you hate doing and the most of what you like.  Why buy a rusty Series I car with a low VIN (high value to many) if you hate body work and want to modify it?

I bought my non-running 76 car, engine quality unknown, because it was straight, no body work required, with minor rust.  I've had several diffs and transmissions in it, different seats, suspension, brakes, and it has a 1978 engine.  Great fun doing all of that work and I never smelled Bondo once, or got sanding dust on me.

• Like 2