Help with identification on sitting 280z - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Help with identification on sitting 280z

Featured Replies

  • Author

Ahhhh. Smog. I forgot about that. Honestly, it’s probably why it’s sitting. I’ll try grab the vin tomorrow.

The one I found had air in the tires for just moving it around. I'm with Wheee, $500 and see where his mind is. Buy it if you can because you could clean it up and make some easy money. The prices are going straight up like a rocket.

  • Author

My guess is that the wheels aren't original, couldn't find anything that looked like them.

10 minutes ago, 280zzz said:

My guess is that the wheels aren't original, couldn't find anything that looked like them.

Aftermarket wheels.  May have had fake wire wheel spoke inserts originally.

Dennis

Looks like the set that came on my ZX. The brand is called Modern. There's a sticker on the inside of the Center caps that say made in Taiwan with the date 7-21-01.

 

Just lowered the car and currently looking for some ZX turbo wheels to replace them.

 

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

 

 

 

7c254cede02d56708947a6bfd2b42b62.jpgaf8742f307120dc582ea6ba1504a8dff.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
10 hours ago, 280zzz said:

Ahhhh. Smog. I forgot about that. Honestly, it’s probably why it’s sitting. I’ll try grab the vin tomorrow.

And a royal PITA to fix if the PO was in there hacking away at stuff trying to get it to pass smog.

Edited by rcb280z

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.