IGNORED

280Z fusible links

EuroDat

I put a separate single terminal under the relay cover (the one right in front of the battery) to use for attaching separate relay wires, and the EFI power supply wire.  Also moved the alternator charge wire to it.  Ended up with a stack of ring terminals on the single post but they stay clean and dry, unlike the other places that they were attached.  If you decide to use relays for things like the headlights or marker lights like I did you end up with no convenient place to attach to the system.  Plus, once I cleaned up the positive battery post it was easy to use one of those plastic post covers to keep it dry.

If I was starting over, I'd probably get a box like Hussein's with a few extra terminals.  And the reversed battery posts, of course, to bring it out from under the fender.  Or mount the box on the relay cover and just run a short charge wire over to the battery post.

Edited by Zed Head
+ u

10 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Also I have thought about playing around with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00902G49U

It has four slots for fusible links and a plug that is connected to ATO fuses. It would be a matter of figuring out where to mount it to reach the battery.

This one looks closer to what I have (looking on Amazon), with more posts, however the circuit rating is fixed

spacer.png

I found the Littelfuse brand strip fuses that should fit the VW link box above on DigiKey and Mouser. Apparently the style is called HSB, and they are available in ampacities that are suitable for the Z. I'll definitely consider it for when I build the engine harness for my 240Z.

image.png

• Agree 1

On 3/4/2023 at 6:40 PM, Zed Head said:

Is the T plug at the alternator plugged in?  Check for continuity to ground through the bottom leg of the T on the alternator pins if it is.  The alternator is the ground for the two circuits.

Dear Zed Head, only to let you know that my Datsun is already running well. The problems I was having were due to an immobilizer linked to the ignition relay that was installed by the previous owner. I cut a wire that was energizing the ignition coil. Now problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1