IGNORED

Complete roof R&R

madkaw

2 hours ago, grannyknot said:

That's brave.

I don’t know if it’s brave or crazy. I have nothing to loose since the roof was toast. A good buddy has donated a roof for the cause . It’s not as terrible as one might think, but not something to take lightly.

if the roof doesn’t get fixed - it’s a parts car

This has been a tough decision . If the rest of the car was rusted badly I wouldn’t bother , but it’s a very solid 70

Edited by madkaw
  • Like 3

I would consider trying to vary the splice location between the different layers at each corner. It would make the repair stronger. Also be sure and preserve the original leaded joint locations. The chassis needs these flex areas to survive

• Like 1

As promised. So more pics of ugly stuff. Obvious rust inside roof crossmember. Rust also ate away at the rear quarter where it wraps around under the quarter window. Fortunately there is a thick support panel behind it where the window bolts into. Also the rail panel that runs the length of the door and window was rotted pretty bad at the quarter window

23AAB442-D352-4F42-BE17-73E740559D85.jpeg

573B6AB4-09F2-42FA-97F6-E7925862660A.jpeg

46673C73-C3AB-4718-A1DE-F47CD1A79209.jpeg

CEEE8215-B8CE-4231-B720-A5B55C5EF21E.jpeg

Edited by madkaw