IGNORED

FYI: Porsche Float Height/Fuel Height Tool

Thanks for the mention Duffman. The tool I created sold out quickly about a year ago and I had not planned to produce anymore but recently decided to produce additional units due to the demand and emails I have been getting. I'm still a month away from having quantities for sale but here are a few pictures.

IMG_1148.JPG

• Like 2

I have been watching these for sometime now. Are they designed to stay on full time? Photos don’t show fuel in the tube? I can’t tell if if they are calibrated?

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

7tooZ, the Float Sync can be left on for a test drive, with the air filter removed, but they are not designed to be left on.  The sample pics that Randalla posted do not show any actual fuel in the tubes.  They are not specifically marked, but 14mm above the block is 21 mm down from the edge of the fuel bowl; the desired level.  I actually scored, very lightly, the desired mark to see where the fuel needs to be.  I would highly recommend these! 

I intentionally didn't scribe marks on the site glass, but rather included instructions to set floats at the proper level, as Duffman suggests. Some owners prefer their floats set differently. One nice thing about these tools is that you can visually check the fuel level throughout the entire rpm range to to assure you never run the float bowls dry even under full acceleration for an extended period of time. Two tools are included in each set to simultaneously check each carburetor at the same time. It's critical to proper tuning that float levels are as close as possible. If they're not, the number of turns out on the mixture nuts will differ in order to compensate.    

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

I want a set of those! I bought a pair of the plastic hoses sold by Ztherapy and have been using them but these ones seem to provide more accuracy! Do you ship to Miami, FL?

Put me on your list for a set too.

Thanks,

Marty