IGNORED

dash restoration

26th-Z

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a Nissan dash for my '72 240z from MSA. It was about $850. I don't think they have any other years available though. Instead of paying someone $800 to resotre it some of you may want to look into buying a new one about the same amount.

Gee guys u really pay a bit for dash restoration. My dash is ok but I was quoted $300AUS ($205US), for my dash if it were to crack. That was at a place in Melbourne called 'dashboard docter'. Not sure if that helps or if they ship resto's out but there u go.

toecutter,

Dashboard Doctor in Melbourne don't restore your dash they just repair the crack area and then re-cover it. There is another place in Melbourne called the Dashboard Centre but they do the same thing.

I sent my dash from Melbourne to Brisbane and back because after doing a lot of research into what each company does for you and your dash, Dashboard Restorations came up best, in my opinion.

Yes the two in Melbourne are cheaper but in the end you get what you pay for.

Just my 2c

Alan.

Originally posted by biker

I am a little confused?? How did a $262.00 plus freight restoration as quoted by Dashboard Restorations get to read $850.00:stupid: which is what is being paid for at MSA

biker

Our member 26thZ reported as follows:

The quote I got on May 14th was $582 US from the Washington State "consolidation point". I remember round trip shipping from Florida to Washington was $150 for my dash.

$582 USD includes Restoration and shipping to and from AU back to USA West Coast plus $150 shipping from West Coast to East Coast USA = $732 USD to restore your own dash.

The one at MSA is a Nissan Factory Original UnRestored Dash. No telling when it was manufactured. Could already be 10 or 20 years old.

Originally posted by mdbrandy

Good to get the prinicple people involved in the discussions! I know that 26th-Z has expressed interest, and I'm interested. Anyone else? Anyone that is near a major airport interested in coordinating (maybe free shipping for them paid for by the rest of us as an enticement?) ? I'm in the "middle" (kind of) the country, and so somewhat centrally located, but I'm 200 miles from O'Hare, 120 from Indianapolis, and around 200 from St. Louis. Our little airport here in Champaign probably doesn't do much freight handling :ermm: . Anyway, if there are enough people interested, we should investigate it.

:classic:

I would be prepared to organise the freight issue if enough guy's are interested.

Once the number of units is known I will arrange a quote from an acceptable freight company to airfreight the units to and from Australia.

I will advise the costs, and if acceptable to the group, will arrange for the freight company to contact each of you regarding pick-up/delivery etc.

Alternatively, the other option is for you guy's to decide on a "central" US location- freight the units there- and the airfreight company does the rest.

Let me know -

a) how many members are interested

B) Home Town zip

I'll take care of the rest and get back to you with details for acceptance. I suggest a minimum of 6 units to get a good freight break.

I'm interested as well. The problem, however, is going to be finding enough people that are also willing to do it at the same time. Some already have their cars stripped down so it's not a problem. Others might still be driving the car and will need to somehow schedule the downtime.