IGNORED

Three 240Zs Sell at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale for Big Money

lonetreesteve

3 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

Yes, a  Lot of Money!    The other 2 cars weren't chopped liver with the '71 240Z (with the incorrect Z wheel covers) going for $55,000.00 and the '73 240Z going for $40,700.00, both with the buyer commissions included. As Charles mentioned earlier, in the past, the more original 240Zs have sold for the higher prices, but the quality-built resto-mods seem to be the trend right now.

Anyone want to take a guess at what those same three Zs' would have gone for on BaT or ebay?  They might have reached the same numbers but I have a feeling that the excitement of a live in person auction and the Barrett Jackson name probably helped boost them up some what.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Anyone want to take a guess at what those same three Zs' would have gone for on BaT or ebay?  They might have reached the same numbers but I have a feeling that the excitement of a live in person auction and the Barrett Jackson name probably helped boost them up some what.

I don't believe they would make these numbers on BaT

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Which site would get more money to the seller?  Don't know what BaT charges.

No reserve is a crock.  Just guarantees the auction house a commission.

image.png

16 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Probably a little more alcohol flowing at a Barrett Jackson auction than with a BaT auction.  That can loosen up the bidding/judgement restraint.  A friend of mine sold his Porsche 912 on BaT a few weeks ago and did surprising well.  The final bid far exceeded his expectations and the car is now on its way to Europe.

Dennis

• Like 3

Found it interesting that the 73 description says the carbs are original. They may be original, but not for a 73. This one has round tops and the 73's had flat top carbs.

And is it just me or is the front bumper crooked on the 73?

Edited by w3wilkes
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

Found it interesting that the 73 description says the carbs are original. They may be original, but not for a 73. This one has round tops and the 73's had flat top carbs.

And is it just me or is the front bumper crooked on the 73?

Agreed on the carbs - the seller should have made note of the round tops, which is actually a positive and not a negative. 

Looking at the front bumper, you're right - it doesn't look right. Could that be just the reflection on the bumper that gives the that appearance?

224624_Misc_c783894d-9496-4bcb-82d7-3fc7830a1f3e_Web.jpg

2 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

Agreed on the carbs - the seller should have made note of the round tops, which is actually a positive and not a negative. 

Looking at the front bumper, you're right - it doesn't look right. Could that be just the reflection on the bumper that gives the that appearance?

I think the front bumper is bent on the passenger side. It isn't straight with the grill bars. Gaps on the hood don't match. Drivers side fender and headlight bucket appear to be pushed in towards the front, might just need adjustment.

29 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

I think the front bumper is bent on the passenger side. It isn't straight with the grill bars. Gaps on the hood don't match. Drivers side fender and headlight bucket appear to be pushed in towards the front, might just need adjustment.

Add $10,000.  $50,000 73 Z!

image.png