IGNORED

Need info on this z car

alm102486

2 hours ago, alm102486 said:

ive been searching the internet for about 8 hours and i keep running in to a brick wall when it come to this car..

What search terms are you using?  If the car has been in a locked trailer for 20 years, it's unlikely that Grandma had a website or a blog at the end of the last century unless, in addition to being truck driver, she was also a techie.

Dennis

• Like 1

Congratulations on your new Z. Hopefully you will get to enjoy keeping it alive.

That said, the best thing you can do to get help here is break the lock on the trailer, pop the hood and find out what you have. If the engine says Chevrolet on it then your best bet is at the aforementioned site hybrids.com.

Not to push you out, but this site deals with mostly stock and moderately modified cars. If it still has its L28, it would be good to mention.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, alm102486 said:

i do believe the pics are about 20 years old. the story behind the car is that shes my grandmas car. my grandma was a truck driver back then. she bought her new. drove her for a while here and there around town. then she made her way to storage. 

You left out the part where the body mods are added.  Those fenders, headlights and other parts don't come on "new" 280Z's.

The shifter looks like a Z shifter.  But the back tires don't look like L6 tires.  It might be more show than go.  No offense to your Grandma, or the guys that built it for her.  Where is Selah?

image.png

2 hours ago, alm102486 said:

no family around that knows about the car. my grandma has the title and keys in a box somewhere. my grandmas memory is not that good and gonna get worse.

It looks like a 280Z with the Jim Cook body kit, and the stock running gear, from what's been shown so far.  So, 280Z EFI straight six.   You're in the right place if you want to get it running.  The tires are shot though, and there will be some work if you want to get it running and drivable.  You won't find a better site for help to get it back up and driving.  Good luck. 

Sorry site.  Truth...nice to see another name on top. 

• Like 1