IGNORED

1974 Datsun 260z

Red Pickles

I came across this car in an abandoned smog shop. The engine has yet to be found but the transmission is there. Just want to see if anyone is interested or knows what I should do with it. The body is straight and glass is perfect, other than the 20+ years of dust. Pink in hand. Thanks for any information about this car. 

DC8BC577-BBE2-42C6-A242-7883E32AC40F.jpeg

55AD7BFD-11A1-46A0-9E6E-D5A256B66062.jpeg

5219EE8C-EE8C-4070-AF8E-71054D4FD293.jpeg

DE380639-08EF-4217-8766-B4AC6F611770.jpeg

DF0E90DC-52F2-46D0-A539-92432C34ABF9.jpeg

CBE1EB98-1610-4EAD-A208-F8AB7BA31DD3.jpeg

079047EC-D939-4778-AC19-97193CA183E8.jpeg

CBAAC7E2-5D02-4FD4-BDB7-8C8F3EBC7F72.jpeg

serial number: 01356? or is there a 3 behind that?  if not.. one of the early 260z's ?  (it looks like there is also a faint 3 behind the enginenumber?)

I've got an engine for that car.. but no free spot in my garage …  at the moment...  pm me a price.. (incl. sending it to the port of Rotterdam Netherlands)

The tag reads L26 - 087013   RLS30 - 033565

You have the pink slip in hand so I assume you want to sell it?  I would pull it out and hose it off first then give it a wash and find out what you have, a solid rust free shell is always desirable.  Without the numbers matching engine it will be worth a lot less but there will be many buyers that won't mind that at all,  engines are still pretty easy to find.

What a great find, lots of potential.  Please post some pics after the clean up and of the interior.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grannyknot said:

The tag reads L26 - 087013   RLS30 - 033565

You have the pink slip in hand so I assume you want to sell it?  I would pull it out and hose it off first then give it a wash and find out what you have, a solid rust free shell is always desirable.  Without the numbers matching engine it will be worth a lot less but there will be many buyers that won't mind that at all,  engines are still pretty easy to find.

What a great find, lots of potential.  Please post some pics after the clean up and of the interior.

It's a "small bumper" car so more desirable.  Too bad the back bumper has been replaced with wood.  It's been bumped from behind.  Is that old growth fir?

Super easy to get running.  Any L series engine and transmission should drop right in.  Look around for the drive (propeller) shaft.  Besides the engine, probably the only other drive train part of significant value.   The radiator might be good to have also.

Is pre-75 still emissions free in California?  That's a bonus.  But CA also has those "non-op" back fees.  Are there fees to be paid before title transfer?

I don't know the ID number system well but the FSM implies that it's not a US or Canada car.  No "U".   Don't know if the FSM is right or not.  Which side is the steering wheel on?

image.png