IGNORED

How to change interior overhead light bulb

Stanley

I posted this before but be careful when pressing on the lens.  Mine lost its last bits of flexibility in just a few years.  Shattered in to bits.

Here's one factory bulb change procedure.  They didn't have it in the early FSM's.  Found it in 1976.  Might be different for earlier.  Looks like it just pulls out then has to be unplugged.  Spring retention.

image.png

• Like 1

Thanks, I remembered removing the lens by pressing it a certain way but now it occurs to me it was in the old Chevy truck, not the Datsun. Site, do you remember the source for the LED? I found it a while back but never got around to ordering it. If not I can probably find it with "Search".

Yesterday I tried pulling on the housing, was afraid of breaking something though. Tried turning the light off and on after hooking up the new battery, and it worked a couple of times and then didn't work. Maybe it needs some deoxit. Also, I checked the amps through the system at the neg. battery terminal with everything supposedly off and got 15 milliamps. After messing with the light I got zero, which should mean something.

46 minutes ago, psdenno said:

This topic is starting to sound like a variation of an old joke...."How many Datsun Z owners does it take to change a light bulb?"

Looks like at least three, so far.  LOL

Dennis

Yeah, a little embarrassing. I figured the reason it wasn't in FSM was because it's so easy.

It was easy, thanks Zed, Site. The bulb fell apart as I was removing it, carefully I thought. Gone between the seats.

First drive since the battery died, still not sure why but suspect the interior light was on. Meter shows zero milliamps now with everything off and no changes except removing the bulb. I took the old battery to O'Reilly's, they charged it overnight but it was toast. They gave me a new one since it was bought in July this year.

Car runs much better now without blown-out AT modulator puking ATF into the balance tube.

• Like 1