IGNORED

Stalling issue(under throttle)

NA&CH

That's a cheap gauge, with no damping.  The needle bounce is amplified.  Probably not a big deal to the carbs.  Hard to tell what real pressure is, but it looks about 4.5 to 5 psi.  An oil-filled gauge will give a smoother reading.

• Like 1

I thought that as well. I will get one of those. I have a fuellab from my old 350z. It goes to a 100psi. Maybe a constant reading. With a better gauge is this something normal?  Jumping? Or could this be a fuel pump issue?

Thanks guys. 

Chris

• 7 months later...

Well I am back... busy with my business and figured I would tinker(bc looking at non running beauty kills me). It takes work to get a to start after it sits for a while. Once I did start it and adjust idle screw(still no ztherapy dvd) my fuel gauge would read 3-4 psi. Once warm and idling rough(I feel) and at 750-800 it was below 3psi. I have never dropped the tank nor changed the fuel pump. I have changed the filter from the tank pictured earlier. Would I gain or narrow anything by routing a line direct from the filter to the hard lines in the engine bay and the return direct to tank? Eliminate the hard lines under the car for a test? Change the fuel pump for a new one? 

Still searching for an answer for the ole girl. 

Chris 

20190406_151415.jpg

20190406_151340.jpg

20190406_160207.jpg

20190406_160202.jpg

is it idling OK now?

Going back to the beginning, it seems to me that this was the sequence, right:

1. car was all working fine,

2. you took carbs off to fit new exhaust

3. You fitted the exhaust and put the carbs back on

4. The car ran poorly

5. You fiddled with float levels, mixture screws and more

5. Eventually discovered that the carb linkage was not set right and front carb wasn't opening at all below 2k

I personally think it's unlikely that you simultaneously developed problems with fuel supply or ignition. Fwiw that 2 psi fuel pressure is fine.

I think all you've got to do is really balance the carbs properly (you don't need Ztherapy for this) and make sure those float levels and mixture settings are right.

Colourtune is a great tool to help with the mixture.

Eventually you will need a decent heat shield between that zstory manifold and the carbs. Without it the fuel in the float chambers will boil.

• Like 2

@7tooZ thank you so much for the DVD. I'll be watching it and I'll see where I went wrong. I am going to toy with this end of the engine then further investigate before tearing parts off. 

Love the Z community!!!

Thank you,

Chris

15550215129335319331948573042003.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 8:04 PM, 7tooZ said:

Pass it on when you can. 

I will. Thank you again. Watching between GoT episodes Haha. Already learned so much from first hour. I will be taking carbs off and cleaning again. 

Chris