IGNORED

New 280z "Hawk" - wish me luck.

smackhq

Gang. 

I look to your expertise and opinions again on this one. 

One of my steel fuel lines is broken off short. Should I just throw a new hose on it with good clamp and see what happens? Replacing seems like it would be $$$

I haven't traced this middle one to know if it's a return or supply line. 

Thoughts?

0722181214.jpg

7 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

With carbs and 3-4 psi you could probably get away with it, but with fuel injection you should really have a proper barb on the end for the clamp to brace against.

Yes I was thinking that as well. Certainly do not want a high pressure (if that's that one) blowing off in the engine bay. Code brown. ?

You might be able to flare the end with the proper flaring tool.  I think it's called a bubble flare.

If it's the return line it's under low pressure so not a big deal.  Try to blow back through  both.  The return line won't have a restriction.  That could also be the vent line, which has a check valve in it.  The end of the vent line goes to the charcoal canister.

You could also get a compression fitting, or put a 45 degree flare on that tube end and add the proper bubble flared stub piece of tube.  Many ways to avoid a major replacement job and still be safe.

18 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

You might be able to flare the end with the proper flaring tool.  I think it's called a bubble flare.

If it's the return line it's under low pressure so not a big deal.  Try to blow back through  both.  The return line won't have a restriction.  That could also be the vent line, which has a check valve in it.  The end of the vent line goes to the charcoal canister.

You could also get a compression fitting, or put a 45 degree flare on that tube end and add the proper bubble flared stub piece of tube.  Many ways to avoid a major replacement job and still be safe.

Thanks Zed. I'll find out which line it is later, but not tonight. Too hot in garage. ? Time for dinner and cold refreshment.