IGNORED

SS Bumpers from Vietnam

8 minutes ago, Yarb said:

After reading your post SteveJ, I beginning to think that special brackets are needed for the 78 280 conversion.

You'll need brackets like this for the front: https://zcardepot.com/products/front-bumper-conversion-bracket-set-ss-280z-to-240z

For the rear: https://zcardepot.com/collections/exterior/products/rear-bumper-bracket-conversion-280z-to-240z?_pos=1&_sid=2131235fb&_ss=r

You'll probably also need to drop the tank to remove the stock bumper mounts.

Thanks, already removed the old bumper and brackets. I need to remove that rear valance. Bought the spot weld tool from ZCD . The bottom welds look like there’s ample access, the upper not so much. Any tips on that we’ll appreciated. Hate to destroy it taking it off the car.

You're talking about what Nissan called the "sight shield" right? It's been years since I took mine off, but I seem to recall having to bend it upwards quite a bit to get a spot weld cutter in there. Mine had been in a collision, so I wasn't trying to preserve it or anything, but I think it'd be tough to take it off without doing at least a little damage. 

Edited by charliekwin