IGNORED

Misfiring while cruising

I agree you'll need a new set of plugs but installing them now and letting it idle without finding the problem is just going to foul a couple of new plugs. Check you spark plug wire connections either with a meter or by unplugging both ends and reinstalling them. Be sure that all the wires go into the cap and onto the plugs the same depth. Based on past descriptions of the problem I'd guess that the #4 wire problem is the wire to the cap connection. #3 could be either connection but I'm leaning toward the plug connection.

Only if they feel loose. I've experienced connections that are too loose as well as connectors that were so tight that they wouldn't slip over the plug connection. Same thing with the dist. cap connectors. You'll have to assess each connection and determine if it's too loose, too tight or just right. I think we could call the just right connection the "Goldilocks Connection.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

I checked the choke cables and they did not leave the jets down when pushed back once the engine got warm. I crank the engine and left the car to idle at the parking lot for 10 to 12 mins. Pulled spark plug 3, 4 and 5. 3 and 4 were fouled 5 (first picture) was clean. Maybe i should run the car for 20 to 25 minutes and then leave it to idle. Do you agree?

20180925_173714.jpg

20180925_173145.jpg

Could be valve seals too.  

Weird that you guys gave up on "all 6" and accepted the addition of #5 as close enough.  ?  #1 is somewhat difficult but 2 and 6 are wide open.