IGNORED

73 in Puyallup WA wrecking yard

Terrapin Z

This popped up on CL last week, went out and bought some pieces. It is pretty rough body wise, it has Weber's on it. and some extra suspension pieces in the back. 

Now we know the fate of HLS30-167421

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/d/1973-nissan-240-parting-out/6523470021.html

73-2.jpg

73-3.jpg

73-4.jpg

73-5.jpg

73 Puyallup.pdf

Edited by Terrapin Z
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

@Terrapin Z You might want to go back and get the radio and the face plate. It looks like the original AM FM unit. Oh yeah, the antenna too. I was in Puyallup last weekend. If I'd know that Z was close, I wouldn't have made it to my brother's party. 

No face plate. I thought about the radio I didn't have the $ to get it. I was expecting it to be picked over having been on CL for 2 days. These don't last long in the yards.  I posted this so other members know about it and can get in on it. 

14 minutes ago, rcb280z said:

And someone needs to rescue the steering wheel. Looks to be ok.

That was the main focus for my trek there. An early 70 solid spoke.  I did get it.

Edited by Terrapin Z
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Zup said:

So sad to see my cars sibling in such condition.

They are only 3 digits apart.

Zilver's Vin is HLS30-167424

It is sad to see them like this, funny how we end up with two cars that were built by the same people on the same day perhaps.

Now 44 years later, siblings in cyberspace, in very different shape. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2018 at 12:32 PM, Mark Maras said:

@Terrapin Z You might want to go back and get the radio and the face plate. It looks like the original AM FM unit. Oh yeah, the antenna too. 

@Mark Maras I did go back yesterday and picked up the radio, antenna the heater panel, and a few other small parts. 

• Like 1

The grill looks nice and straight. Should clean up ok.

It should be the later version with the larger lower brackets that mount on the side to clear the bigger bumper brackets.

They are easy to change to the early model if needed.

240Z_Grilles.jpg

Edited by EuroDat
photo

7 hours ago, EuroDat said:

The grill looks nice and straight. Should clean up ok.

It should be the later version with the larger lower brackets that mount on the side to clear the bigger bumper brackets.

They are easy to change to the early model if needed.

240Z_Grilles.jpg

I has the early grill, look at the length of the fins, it has 4 long and 3 short. There were a number of parts on this car that were early, like the inner tail light panel, and the steering wheel. 

There are 280 parts in the back as well. kind of a mix mash up.

Edited by Terrapin Z