IGNORED

240Z D hubcaps ... reproduction?

JSM

As long as they are clearly identified as reproduction parts and are not (even remotely) misleading to be NOS or made by the OEM, then I have no problem with repros either. It's great to have sources for NLA parts. Just don't try to pass them off as the genuine originals. At any trading venue... ebay, craigslist, etc.

So I wonder why the vendor changed his ebay name. The 'whitelotus909' no longer exists. Now it's '240zlover777'. The previous feedback seems to have ported over to the new name.

3 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

So I wonder why the vendor changed his ebay name. The 'whitelotus909' no longer exists. Now it's '240zlover777'. The previous feedback seems to have ported over to the new name.

How did you find that?  I've searched for members on eBay before but nothing ever comes up.

Advanced search in the upper right, and then scroll down to almost the bottom of the page and you can enter a seller's name.

I put whitelotus909 in there and it came up "One or more of the seller User IDs you entered was not found." And just as a test, I picked a random ebay vendor that had a bunch of auctions running and made sure their stuff showed up correctly.

Didn't know that was there.  Thanks.  I don't see the 240zlover777 connection though.  Not that I want to track him, just curious.

I've seen other people called out on the old  internet before and they tend to just disappear if they're doing something illicit.  You never hear back from them.  The people that make honest mistakes almost always make the effort to explain it.

The link to 240zlover777 came from the original auction that started this whole thing:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123002344687

Back when this all started, that auction was under the name whitelotus909, but if you take a look at it now, it's listed under the name 240zlover777.

And you know it's the same guy because the negative feedback from nix240z is there and the auction number is the old one:
240zlover777.jpg

Obviously this front guy has access to the supplier or is the supplier as he has sold so many and was able to have the paint changed rather quickly.

He knowingly ripped off past buyers for thousands of dollars.

Keep reporting his ads on Craigslist and Ebay to shut this crap down.

He is selling fake "D" centre caps too.

DATSUN 69-70 240Z "D" HUBCAPS, 1st Generation (#123002344687)    
$520
Negative feedback              
REPRODUCTION HUBCAPS NOT REAL cancelled the order said did not bring enough                          

DATSUN 69-70 240Z "D" HUBCAPS, 1st Generation (#122984141759)
$1000
Positive feedback
Absolutely perfect              

Datsun 240Z D Series I. Wheel Covers caps (Set of 4) in Very Nice Condition! Nos (#122760831038)
$162.50
Positive feedback
PERFECTº¤,¸¸,ø¤ºEBAYERº¤,¸¸,¸,øTHANK YOU¤º,¸,ø¤ºSUPERº¤,¸¸,ø¤ºRECOMMENDED*AAA+++

Datsun 240Z D Series I. Wheel Covers caps (Set of 4) in Very Nice Condition! Nos (#122789098973)
$150.00
Positive feedback

Very happy with the center caps - thank you!

240Z dhubcaps. Series I Datsun 69-71, NOS . (#122764077922)            
$1,025.00

Positive feedback
Caps arrived today. What a good condition! Thank you so much:-)))     

SET of 4 RARE Nissan DATSUN 240z FAIRLADY Hubcaps wheel covers 1969-1970 (#122542332723)
$1,025.00
Positive feedback
Best of Ebay. Great communication. Quick shipping. A+++++

Edited by 240260280

eBay says that neither ID has items for sale now.  Wouldn't be surprised if Patcon was right.  Frank is only a few miles away from Al.  Easy to believe that they know each other and the methods seem very similar.  Paint over and hide the defects, jack up the price.  Conspiracy to to commit wire fraud is a pretty serious offense.  Maybe somebody can get two jail birds with one stone.

https://www.justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-965-conspiracy-violate-mail-fraud-or-wire-fraud-statutes

image.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bryancook1966 said:

e way there is 2 versions of these D caps, the earlier style have less tabs on the rear and the valve hole aligns with 1 of the spokes. The later version have more tabs and the valve hole is offset to the spokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

e way?

Edited by 240260280