IGNORED

[2018] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Just now, Diseazd said:

Wow Steve.....Doesn’t look anything like the car I saw in Savannah! Nice!!!

I've put a little effort into it since then. ;) It helps that I have made some friendships with some really great Datsun guys in the area since that convention. They have helped me a lot over the last few years.

• Like 1

Installed Dave Irwin’s parking light upgrade kit on my 77 280z, this also gives the dash lights a well needed boost! That’s the main reason I did this. Very easy to install, the most challenging thing is getting the power wire into the cabin.

https://www.datsun-240z-upgrades.net/product-info/

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

The week of the Mitty is always busy for me, and more so this year. Today I took the wheels to the tire shop to get the new BF Goodrich tires mounted so my car is ready for their display. The old tires were only 7 months old, so they are stored in the garage. While I was at it, I fixed some of the wiring at the headlights and replaced the LED headlights with a different type of LEDs. I just wasn't crazy about the row of LEDs in the old lights. I also found that the newer headlight rings on eBay that fit our cars will better accommodate the LED headlights.

It's raining now, so adjusting the beams will come later.

20180423_200444.jpg

20180423_200517.jpg

20180423_200546.jpg

• Like 2

Here's a picture I grabbed from the interwebs.

bfg-31629_sn_xl.jpg

Earlier this month, the Events Manager from Classic Motorsports Magazine contacted me on behalf of the BF Goodrich Regional Manager.  The BFG rep was looking for 3 cars to display BFG tires at their display in Vendor Village at the Mitty. After I told them I would recruit some owners at the GZC meeting that evening, I remembered that I had purchased some BFG tires just 7 months ago. I had my car at work, so I snapped a couple of photos and sent them to the BFG rep. At the club meeting, I found a 240Z, a 280Z, and a 300ZX (Z32) that would be available. I sent the rep photos of the other cars, not caring whether or not mine was selected. Well, he chose the 240Z, the 280Z, and my 260Z.

I had these tires when I did a drive up in the North Georgia mountains a few months ago. I thought they handled really well. I didn't notice any tire squeal in the video, but then again, I wasn't listening too closely. 

With the weather being great today, I took the Z to Road Atlanta to hang out with my friends as they get ready for the Mitty. My door latching problem resurfaced, so Rob Fuller from the Z Car Garage took a look at it for me. Despite his best efforts, the door lock finally gave up the ghost. I borrowed the rental vehicle and drove back to my house to steal parts from the 73 and did the lunch run for the crew on the return. From Rob's tutorial that he gave me earlier, I installed the replacement door lock and striker plate. The door closed perfectly flush on the first try. I was shocked. I just enjoyed the rest of the day hanging out with some great car guys.

I didn't take many photos, but I did try shooting some ZCON promos with John Morton. Maybe you'll see them soon.

Closing time.jpg

• Like 1

Attended a Datsun meet-up in Orange, CA today. Quite a few nice Datsuns/Nissans and around a dozen or so 240-280Zs. Ours is the white Z w/ black stripes.  The strange beige car is a 1989-91(?) Nissan Pao.
IMG_0516.JPGIMG_0515.JPGIMG_0519.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Edited by Grubb240Z
Updated text w/ additional detail.
  • Like 1

• Mike pinned this topic