IGNORED

VINTAGE Z auction in JAPAN

kats

I believe it is a little bit auction fever and a little bit of speculation on the rising interest in series 1 and 2 Z cars. One of Les Canaday's restorations recently went for over 70K. He contacted me and said that a auction house in NY was looking for one with provenance to auction off. I appreciated the lead from Les, but I am not ready to let mine go. The values seem to be rising quickly on these cars. I did recently watch an investment program that suggested that if you are holding a classic car as an investment you might consider selling it soon. His reasoning was that the next generation unlike the boomers do not care about or long for the cars of their youth. I don't agree or disagree, just found it interesting. 

• Like 1

‘Auction fever’ , we see same thing in Japan , 

74,000,000 yen for a tuna , 3,000,000 yen for a pair of melon , buyers wants to pay big money ‘ first auction of the year’ . 

This time BH auction was a kind of entertainment show for the first time in Japan,  we saw those well organized auction only in overseas. I think we are way behind , but I am glad that now I can see that kind of auction here in Japan.

Kats

• Like 1