IGNORED

FYI - 240Z Dashboards

w3wilkes

4 hours ago, foosman said:

Adam Remington posted over in the Facebook "240/260/280Z lovers" group about a month ago that he just received one, and was very pleased overall.  Hasn't mounted it yet, and I asked him to keep the group updated when that happens.  Once I see that there are no major fitment issues, I'm likely going to place my order.

Thanks, I will need one also, so waiting to hear some feedback. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just purchased a dash from Vintage Dashes for the restoration of my 1973 240Z.  Their shop is close to me in N. California and they had a stack of Series 1 and Series 2 dashes in boxes, apparently most were spoken for.  They said they'll have a booth at the Monterey Historics later this month (the races are featuring Datsun/Nissan - the first time ever a Japanese mark has been honored)

I'll take the dash to S.California next month where my Z is being restored by Motorman7 (see the thread "We're bringin back the Flat Tops") and get his expert opinion on this vs Just Dashes dash.  But so far it looks great to me, especially for the price.

IMG_20180803_073629 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180731_101421.jpg

A close up with an original glove box door (I don't know why the difference in color: I suspect age mostly):

IMG_20180731_101926.jpg

Edited by 1973 Datsun 240Z

On 12/24/2017 at 6:15 PM, wheee! said:

Dash caps look terrible in my opinion. As soon as I see one I am disappointed in the car and suspect of anything else that has been done to it. It’s just a half step in my opinion. New dash, restored dash or original dash. A cap just looks fake to me.
Sorry if I offend anyone that has one, but I just can’t get past the look....

I can overlook the caps.  All who try and preserve these cars I give a tip of the cap.  Well done.

23 hours ago, Rker@comcast.net said:

I can overlook the caps.

I can also. Better than looking at a severally cracked dash like mine. When I installed a full face on mine it was a daily driver. And my cracks ran down the front of the dash and into the gauge pods so a dash mat was out of the question. 

And as long as its replaced with a new dash when convenient, some day, hopefully. Every time I turn around I'm spending money on the house. Just went thru a $5100.00 re-pipe. Not fun! Could have bought a new dash 6 or 7 times with that money. Anyway........

• Like 1

• 1 year later...