IGNORED

72 240Z Carb Spacers

Halvernaz

11 hours ago, Halvernaz said:

Nice catch Captain, I stand corrected I need the "seven" hole spacer.

Haha! My pleasure.   :)

Seriously though, if everything on your car is from 72, then you will need the spacers with the extra water holes at the bottom. But if you've got a mix and match of different parts then you'll have to take a look at the parts to figure out what you really need.

If everything is installed and on the car, you can reach your hand under the carbs to feel for the extra bulge on the underside where the water passages go. Also, the transition from "four screw round tops" to "three screw round tops" occurred at the same time. 72 used the three screw round tops and have the coolant holes, while everything earlier used the four screw and does not need the extra holes.

Of course, many Z owners have completely blocked off and disabled the water flowing through the intake manifolds entirely. So if that's the case for you, then it doesn't matter what you use. Mix and match any carb with any spacer with any intake manifold. If there's no water to leak, then it just doesn't matter. Those holes can hang open to the atmosphere with the only downside being wasp nests in the open holes.

• 3 weeks later...