IGNORED

restore ugly valve cover (mistake to media blast?)

Dlobi

I got mine looking nice using rubbing compound followed by aluminum polish, by hand and with a polisher on the drill, while it was on the car. Hours of hard work (no paying job at the time) and the luster was gone in a few months. Maybe if I'd done that and then the matte clear coat.

My favorite cam cover, seen at JCCS, was a gritty looking metallic grey with maybe a little gold mixed in. Powder-coat the owner said. Probably too hard to keep clean for a daily driver.

12 hours ago, Dlobi said:

Right, early 240 right? My 260 looks like the last of the three pics diseazd posted. Except mine (still) has flat tops. That pic shows the extra tapped hole being used

Learned something new today, thank you! :) I never knew that's what that one did.  It seems they all have that hole?

Here's those pictures I mentioned earlier.  Before and after and apparently I used sand.  That was many brain cells ago. :beer:

valve cover #1.jpgvalve cover #2.jpg

On 10/30/2017 at 11:12 AM, siteunseen said:

Learned something new today, thank you! :) I never knew that's what that one did.  It seems they all have that hole?

Here's those pictures I mentioned earlier.  Before and after and apparently I used sand.  That was many brain cells ago. :beer:

valve cover #1.jpgvalve cover #2.jpg

Nice job. Wish I had more time for projects like this. Have the equipment but not enough time. Stupid paying job gets in the way most of the time. Ooops......time for me to give them their lump of coal!?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, esmit208 said:

Nice job. Wish I had more time for projects like this. Have the equipment but not enough time. Stupid paying job gets in the way most of the time. Ooops......time for me to give them their lump of coal!?

I'm at the end of my free living rope, I'm about to break down and get a full time jay-oh-bee, jobby job.  Anybody willing to hire a mid life hippy with a very low desire to work? ROFL

Maybe I wasn't clear. I meant that I was hiring. siteunseen wanted to get hired, he didn't mention pay. I'll hire all that want to come on board, I just can't pay actual cash wages. 

The free coffee stands. If you want the coffee stronger our some other adult beverages you are on your own to bring them because I simply don't ever have them. Most of the "work" is looking at z car websites, poking around ebay and craigslist for z car stuff, farting, smoking, drinking, joking, etc. You might occasionally find yourself talking to my backside as I'm leaning in under the hood but the view from that angle is no worse. 

I better take a little nap after all this thinking about work.

• Haha 1