IGNORED

Dash cracks

joe newsom

How far into this process did you get? Were you thinking you would make the molds yourself, or were you looking for a company to make it for you?

I got estimates on foam vynle molding from several shops and costs to make the molds needed to remold the dashes. I also calculated a lot of the ancillary costs of the process. I was around $35,000 for the molds, and about 2,000 per dash based on anticipated volume to receive. At that point I had about 80% of costs minus any other hidden costs. This did not include time to do this. The final cost I need to charge to make it all happen was close to $5,000 per dash to remold and with a 3 month turn around because I need a month for the work and 100 to do a reminding. To do it in less time the price was pushing into 5 digits.

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Yikes. I can see why you bailed on the project.
I sure do wish there was a cheap way to get a whole new skin on the dash.

the problem is when they made the dashes it was a presure vacume pull of the skin then the frame conected to the back of the the low presure mold stopped into place then the foam polymer was injected, then cooled. This dash was so complicated it's a hard for modern tech and materials to do it

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Classic Zcar Club mobile