IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

Running a air box for two reason, dirt and mainly heat. What you don't see in this pic is the 4" intake tube is now mounted to back side of the front grill. screen filter in the tube at the radiator brace and a 4" inlet turbo waterproof nylon screen at the front end of the tube (grill)

ITB horns are beautiful with chrome screens on the ends and  look awesome when the box is off but under hood temps can vastly exceed coolant engine temps. My intake air sensor  (mounted at the front end of the box) reads constantly half of the coolant temp. 160 coolant temp, 80 air intake. It's not forced air but the air draw at speed from a 4" tube at the grill is cool and abundant.  

20220525_102200_resized.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Blitzed said:

Running a air box for two reason, dirt and mainly heat. What you don't see in this pic is the 4" intake tube is now mounted to back side of the front grill. screen filter in the tube at the radiator brace and a 4" inlet turbo waterproof nylon screen at the front end of the tube (grill)

ITB horns are beautiful with chrome screens on the ends and  look awesome when the box is off but under hood temps can vastly exceed coolant engine temps. My intake air sensor  (mounted at the front end of the box) reads constantly half of the coolant temp. 160 coolant temp, 80 air intake. It's not forced air but the air draw at speed from a 4" tube at the grill is cool and abundant.  

20220525_102200_resized.jpg

Gorgeous engine bay! I can't cover my stacks, seeing them is part of my love for ITB.  On my list to do are the custom stack filters (like singer) and then a belly pan that directs fresh air to the horns.  

• Like 1

50 is low here (maybe three days out of the year), went EFI to eliminate the choke and the warm up process.

What you've really created is a similar cable cruise control from the Datsun Roadsters. 2000's have a knob that pulls and twist locks on the dash for pedal free cruising on highway.

Tried it a few times with Roadster, downside the engine heat can stretch the cable so upon disengagement idle speed off the freeway can be very interesting. 

30 minutes ago, Blitzed said:

50 is low here (maybe three days out of the year), went EFI to eliminate the choke and the warm up process.

What you've really created is a similar cable cruise control from the Datsun Roadsters. 2000's have a knob that pulls and twist locks on the dash for pedal free cruising on highway.

Tried it a few times with Roadster, downside the engine heat can stretch the cable so upon disengagement idle speed off the freeway can be very interesting. 

I am using the 240z hand throttle system.  On my pedal.  

It was 41 here this am, soon it will be 20-32 in the am, then warm up to the 50-60s during the day.  Then soon it will snow and the z will go to sleep. 

• 3 months later...
Something in from Australia! A progressive cam for the overhead bar and my ITB. It would also work with triples.
Basically it increases pedal modulation, so this gives you more pedal movement with less throttle blade movement. Should help with street driving and my throttles trying to take huge gulps of air with a tiny amount of pedal travel.
Weber kc332

Now machined out to 10mm.  Just barely enough room.  I had to have the allen bolt turned down. 

unnamed (5).jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

• Like 1