IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

20 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Have you been able to test the brakes yet, how are they working?

They work amazing.  Hands down the best mod I have done in a while.  Modern/ race feel.  

I think my main issue with my 02 meter is the fact that is after the muffler.  So I am getting some goofy readings.  Bump the idle to say 1000 rpms and it's reading normal.  So time to tune!  

1 hour ago, duffymahoney said:

They work amazing.  Hands down the best mod I have done in a while.  Modern/ race feel.  

I think my main issue with my 02 meter is the fact that is after the muffler.  So I am getting some goofy readings.  Bump the idle to say 1000 rpms and it's reading normal.  So time to tune!  

Yes you are getting reversion of fresh air.  If you can attach your sensor to a pipe that draws from deep in the muffler folds back into the exhaust pipe then you will be able to tune at idle.

• 2 weeks later...

I got o2 bungs installed.  So far so good. 

I am super rich at idle, but pretty close on higher rpms, I need to do a drive with them installed, but I have a bad noise coming from the suspension or rear end.  

I kind of have it narrowed down to either half shafts, driveline or something improperly installed in the rear end, everything else has been checked and re checked.  This video is with the cars parking brake on.  It's like a strange clunk/ click noise.  I am hopeful it's something u joint, but it's such a strange noise I am scratching my head.  Maybe something in the LSD?  It also does it at low speeds and lots of gas pedal on and off in 1st gear and 2nd gear.  

IMG_2486.jpg

Edited by duffymahoney
  • Like 3

The LSD isn't doing much unless you're turning.  No clutches slipping.  Might be a clue.  

Check the simple stuff like lug nuts.  They'll make those kinds of noises as the wheel wobbles back and forth.  Pretty sure also, that somebody just had a simlar noise and it was the half-shaft flange nuts/bolts at the wheel.  Check all of your nuts.

4 hours ago, duffymahoney said:

I got o2 bungs installed.  So far so good. 

I am super rich at idle, but pretty close on higher rpms, I need to do a drive with them installed, but I have a bad noise coming from the suspension or rear end.  

I kind of have it narrowed down to either half shafts, driveline or something improperly installed in the rear end, everything else has been checked and re checked.  This video is with the cars parking brake on.  It's like a strange clunk/ click noise.  I am hopeful it's something u joint, but it's such a strange noise I am scratching my head.  Maybe something in the LSD?  It also does it at low speeds and lots of gas pedal on and off in 1st gear and 2nd gear.  

IMG_2486.jpg

Where did the flange and down pipe material come from?

I like your TIG welds too!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have decided on ITB for my build.  Carbs sound cool, but the smell of gas in my garage is driving me nuts.  My HVAC unit is right next to my car in my garage and the fumes seem to move into the whole house.  I also think the mikuni 44s are a bit much for a stock 2.4L.  

I bought the jenvy 45s, injectors etc.. from Datsun Spirit.  I will probably do a haltech elite 750 ecu.  I got a hoke trigger kit for my stock 240z pulley and will do some sort of cam sensor from the dizzy spot.  Goal is to look basically period but be EFI.  I will re use my SK intake.  

65284356_2389242848025665_1321585189116867854_n.jpg

• Like 1