IGNORED

Z Cars On TV And In Movies

texasz

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/19/2022 at 2:12 AM, Racer X said:

Looks like a Z to me.

The front of the car seems too wide, wider than the rear.  I looked for other small clues but they might have been modified away.  There is no hatch release button visible.  Can't see the emblems on the quarter panels.  The rear bumper seems too thick and has no rubber "nerf" bumpers on it.  It's just a very straight and flat piece of chrome.

I've seen other European cars that look similar to the big brands.  Just couldn't be 100% on this picture.  There's probably a writeup of the even somewhere that has the cars listed.  Bummer that the car ended up in the ditch.  Doesn't look like that difficult of a turn.  You can see the ditch way before you get close.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

The front of the car seems too wide, wider than the rear.  I looked for other small clues but they might have been modified away.  There is no hatch release button visible.  Can't see the emblems on the quarter panels.  The rear bumper seems too thick and has no rubber "nerf" bumpers on it.  It's just a very straight and flat piece of chrome.

I've seen other European cars that look similar to the big brands.  Just couldn't be 100% on this picture.  There's probably a writeup of the even somewhere that has the cars listed.  Bummer that the car ended up in the ditch.  Doesn't look like that difficult of a turn.  You can see the ditch way before you get close.

I agree it is difficult to tell, the screen grab from the video is poor. But I see what looks like pins for the hatch, so that explains why no button is visible. The apparent width of the front end is an illusion from the camera angle.

I’m still convinced it is a Z.

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

The front of the car seems too wide, wider than the rear.

That's just a perspective/lens distortion phenomenon.

I looked for other small clues but they might have been modified away.  There is no hatch release button visible.  Can't see the emblems on the quarter panels.  The rear bumper seems too thick and has no rubber "nerf" bumpers on it.  It's just a very straight and flat piece of chrome.

Two hood pin type fixings can be seen on the edges of the tailgate. It has a Works replica 'J' country plate (in keeping with many Works lookalike/replica/tribute 240Z/260Z rally cars) and 'Standard' type bumpers Edit: Looking at the zoomed image I believe I can see normal 'Deluxe' rubber corner strips on the bumper. There's the perspective/lens distortion effect on the bumper too.

Bummer that the car ended up in the ditch.  Doesn't look like that difficult of a turn.  You can see the ditch way before you get close.

Monday Morning Quarterbacking (driving/navigating) there. This stuff is not as easy as it might look. Many a good driver has ended up in the Ypres cabbage fields.

Anyway, the license plate of the car is quite clearly visible. 'TTU 858H' is an example of a retrospective 'period' registration for 1969/70, given to 'Historic' class cars which have been recently imported to the United Kingdom. The UK vehicle licensing agency will award a 'period sympathetic' license number to such cars and they are allowed to run the period silver on black plate format. The car checks out on the UK government's vehicle licensing system (freely searchable) and will most likely be a 1970 Datsun 240Z imported from north America and modified for historic rallying in the UK and Europe.

TTU 858H-2.jpgTTU 858H-1.jpg

Edited by HS30-H
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

Monday Morning Quarterbacking (driving/navigating) there. This stuff is not as easy as it might look. Many a good driver has ended up in the Ypres cabbage fields.

p.s. and just wondering - have you ever raced a car?  Or driven it to the edge on a country road?  Can't really tell from your posts, they seem more intellectual and related to what seems to be your profession, which seems to be professional photography.  No sign that you've done much driving of the extreme type.

• Agree 1