IGNORED

Added to my Garage this weekend!

JLPurcell

I'm sure you have put some miles on it by now but I wanted to add my experience from going from dirt bikes to street that almost cost me my right foot.  Dirt bikes you run hard into the turn and use the rear brake. Street bikes are completely opposite of that to me, 80% front and 20% rear. 

• Like 2

On 7/22/2017 at 6:23 AM, moelk said:

I remember my time on the bikes as a great but dangerous time. Drive safe and always be one step ahead of the rest of the traffic, and gear up, NO shortcuts on the safety equipment.

Iam third from the left.

IMG_8797.JPG

That's just radical, man! You guys look like Superheroes on your motorcycles and gears. But seriously, yeah, safety comes first. :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

All go input on safety gear for sure!!! One other tip while riding.....always be aware that you may be invisible to people in cars. If motorcycles are not part of their lives they may subconsciously see you but really don't. I've been riding sport bikes for over 30 years and am still hear to talk about it. I just turned 66 years young and currently ride a highly modified 2009 Yamaha R1. As is said many time before....."If you ride on two wheels, its not a question if you will fall down, its just a matter of time." Most of all........just have fun.

"Just one mans opinion"

Tom

• Like 1