IGNORED

Front end overhaul

Diseazd

8 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

I was about to say NO WAY on earth you are running 225's on a stock bodied Z uniess you have coilovers.  And you have. So I will shut up.

Zedy, I will be running BFGoodrich  g-Force Rival 225/50 ZR16 on my stock bodied Z with Eibach lowering springs, it is not on the road yet but I removed the springs from the strut mounts and raised and lower the car with a jack and didn't find any interference. Interested to hear what problems you have run into.

Thanks,

Chris

So I run 225-60's on a late 260 / 280 with Eibach and Tokiko Illuminas (no coilovers).  I did need to roll my rear rear fenders and will get the very occasional rub when going over large bumps but other than that have had no issues what so ever. No problems on the front at all.

Mike.

I'm running 16x7 Konig Rewinds (zero offset) with Goodyear Eagle Sport 225/55/16 rubber, and they did rub slightly both front and rear before front and rear fenders got rolled professionally. Even so I would occassionally get some rub on the front but was able to correct it by adjusting Techno Toy Tuning tension control arms during alignment. I have Tokico blue struts and Eibach lowering springs.

20170131_135956.jpg

Just to clarify, if you have an aftermarket front spoiler like dmorales and mike show in the picture, then the front can take a LOT more tire.  ON a 240, the factory body work curves back under versus following the side.  Then the tire turns, it rotates a bit forward as well and can rub while backing up some times. It just really depends on the amount of lowering and the tire and wheel combo.  But anything over a 205 on my car and I will rub the dickens out of my front tires if I turn them to full lock.

• Like 1

You are right Zedy, but there is some adjustment that can be made to fix that without modifying the stock valence. If you crawl under and take a look, there are some bolts that can be loosened to adjust the valence forward to get a 225 to clear when you are backing up.