IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

34 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

It seems to me that after 19 pages "The Information" is peppered with misunderstandings, miscomprehensions and personal opinions with - I'd say - a little light salting of wilful disinformation and unfair criticism from a rival supplier with a dog in the fight. 

I've answered your PMs to the best of my ability. I've also recommended that you reach out to the actual manufacturers rather than their online re-sellers because I don't believe the re-sellers will make the effort to get full answers to your (many) technical questions. QED.

I also get the feeling that, whatever system you eventually go with, you'll probably find fault. You now say you're going with a Spirit Garage system but (even as a happy Spirit Garage system user) I can assure you that the Fujitsubo systems are better quality both in materials used and in construction.  

Whatever you buy, a pinch of pragmatism will go a long way.

Not sure why you’re taking this conversation personally and starting a second flame war in the same thread. There’s no need for personal attacks. No one came at you.

And, by the way, the manufacturers were unresponsive, as previously stated.

16 minutes ago, Matthew Abate said:

Not sure why you’re taking this conversation personally and starting a second flame war in the same thread. There’s no need for personal attacks. No one came at you.

There's no "flame war", and taking yourself a little less seriously might be a good companion to the pragmatism I've already recommended. 

5 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Flipping the 'binocular' flange between the manifold and the rest of the system is (surely?) part of their effort to improve ground clearance.

Thats a good point.  I'll give you that one! 

I must say, the UK importer has been great and they've sent the replies from Fujitsubo, who have answered.  It seems some importers aren't asking the right questions.

The interesting thing is how they track batch and prod numbers so they know exactly what batch might have been developed further.

14 hours ago, Matthew Abate said:

Jeeez. It’s like they don’t want us to buy the damn thing.

I’m just going to go with Spirit Garage.

I think its the other way.  for such a big setup to offer  something custom is pretty slick.  Spirit Garage make a nice setup.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 12:25 PM, HS30-H said:

It seems to me that after 19 pages "The Information" is peppered with misunderstandings, miscomprehensions and personal opinions with - I'd say - a little light salting of wilful disinformation and unfair criticism from a rival supplier with a dog in the fight. 

Untrue Alan ! There was no disinformation, wilful or otherwise and certainly no criticism at all from me. I quoted the sales information factually. No 'dog in the fight' either ; I didn't even speak of my systems as Matthew wants a dual-line system and I don't produce one (yet).

Please stop your personal (at me) sniping and disinformation on what you believe are my thoughts despite my assurances to the contrary !

On 10/7/2022 at 12:25 PM, HS30-H said:

It seems to me that after 19 pages "The Information" is peppered with misunderstandings, miscomprehensions and personal opinions

You now say you're going with a Spirit Garage system but (even as a happy Spirit Garage system user) I can assure you that the Fujitsubo systems are better quality both in materials used and in construction. 

"the information" published here in this thread with miunderstandings and misconceptions is that gained from retailers. It's a shame that such high-quality goods are not backed up by informed sellers.

ps I hadn't realised that I'd been elevated to the status of 'rival supplier' - thanks for that. :-)

13 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

Untrue Alan ! There was no disinformation, wilful or otherwise and certainly no criticism at all from me. I quoted the sales information factually. No 'dog in the fight' either ; I didn't even speak of my systems as Matthew wants a dual-line system and I don't produce one (yet).

Please stop your personal (at me) sniping and disinformation on what you believe are my thoughts despite my assurances to the contrary !

A cursory look back through this thread shows you throwing shade at both Fujitsubo and Spirit Garage. Your (ridiculous) assertions that Fujitsubo should personally curate every single sale - even when their products are passing through a chain of both authorised and unauthorised re-sellers - is for the birds, as is your suggestion that they need to do it in the English language. Pie-in-the-sky stuff. You have been sniping at Fujitsubo on other forums and on Facebook for years now. 

18 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

"the information" published here in this thread with miunderstandings and misconceptions is that gained from retailers. It's a shame that such high-quality goods are not backed up by informed sellers.

Many of the questions being asked arise from typical social media whispering grass scenarios, and from misconceptions which you yourself contribute to. My advice to everybody - as always - is to go back to source. In the case of aftermarket exhausts that means the manufacturers themselves. 
Look for example at the situation regarding R200 compatibility. The guy whining that his exhaust didn't fit his 280Z simply didn't understand what FGK's published data told him.

24 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

ps I hadn't realised that I'd been elevated to the status of 'rival supplier' - thanks for that. 🙂

You're kidding, right?

This thread is titled "New Fujitsubo Exhaust System" and it started in January 2017. By post #4 you are active in the topic and throwing shade, by post #12 you are showing a photo of your own product and by post #13 you are advocating your Z Story exhausts with sales patter ("....still a big advantage buying from me is that.....I'm here - you can talk, ask questions, get measurements (get replacement parts if needed) - gotta be better than buying blind from a 'buy it now' site !"). By post #17 you are even quoting prices.

So you elevate yourself as a rival supplier, and you've had posts (and threads) elsewhere deleted and edited because of it. You've even been sent on extended Gardening Leave by one forum because of your incessant sales pitches.

As I've pointed out to you elsewhere, you would be well advised to simply let your products speak for themselves and stop with the blatant and between-the-lines criticism you throw at the products of other manufacturers who are not here to defend themselves. 

After taking a second look at the illustration from Fujitsubo of the r200 compatible EPU and comparing that to the photo xs10shl posted of his installed SG pipes, I think one of my open questions is indirectly answered.

I was trying to figure out if the r200 version works with the factory crossmember that supports the r180, because it has the indentations for the twin system.

The space between the pipes immediately to either side of the differential doesn’t look that far apart, but I’m guessing there’s no way it tucks into those indentations, because they have two versions of the EPU exhaust and not just one that works with both differentials.

All this is inference, obviously, but I will bet that’s the situation.

Edited by Matthew Abate

10 minutes ago, Matthew Abate said:

After taking a second look at the illustration from Fujitsubo of the r200 compatible EPU and comparing that to the photo xs10shl posted of his installed SG pipes, I think one of my open questions is indirectly answered.

I was trying to figure out if the r200 version works with the factory crossmember that supports the r180, because it has the indentations for the twin system.

The space between the pipes immediately to either side of the differential doesn’t look that far apart, but I’m guessing there’s no way it tucks into those indentations, because they have two versions of the EPU exhaust and not just one that works with both differentials.

All this is inference, obviously, but I will bet that’s the situation.

I also do not think it'll sit in the r180 cutouts.  as its designed for r200's.  if you look at the clearance data, its the same.  

6 hours ago, HS30-H said:

A cursory look back through this thread shows you throwing shade at both Fujitsubo and Spirit Garage. Your (ridiculous) assertions that Fujitsubo should personally curate every single sale - even when their products are passing through a chain of both authorised and unauthorised re-sellers - is for the birds, as is your suggestion that they need to do it in the English language. Pie-in-the-sky stuff. You have been sniping at Fujitsubo on other forums and on Facebook for years now. 

Many of the questions being asked arise from typical social media whispering grass scenarios, and from misconceptions which you yourself contribute to. My advice to everybody - as always - is to go back to source. In the case of aftermarket exhausts that means the manufacturers themselves. 
Look for example at the situation regarding R200 compatibility. The guy whining that his exhaust didn't fit his 280Z simply didn't understand what FGK's published data told him.

You're kidding, right?

This thread is titled "New Fujitsubo Exhaust System" and it started in January 2017. By post #4 you are active in the topic and throwing shade, by post #12 you are showing a photo of your own product and by post #13 you are advocating your Z Story exhausts with sales patter ("....still a big advantage buying from me is that.....I'm here - you can talk, ask questions, get measurements (get replacement parts if needed) - gotta be better than buying blind from a 'buy it now' site !"). By post #17 you are even quoting prices.

So you elevate yourself as a rival supplier, and you've had posts (and threads) elsewhere deleted and edited because of it. You've even been sent on extended Gardening Leave by one forum because of your incessant sales pitches.

As I've pointed out to you elsewhere, you would be well advised to simply let your products speak for themselves and stop with the blatant and between-the-lines criticism you throw at the products of other manufacturers who are not here to defend themselves. 

Fair enough, I wasn't clear in that I meant since Matthews' 'rebirthing' of the subject in his post no. 426.

It has however taken 19 pages, 5yrs and questions posed via a supplier in a different country, on another continent to clear up the specs sufficient for a potential buyer to make a rational choice.

Alan, you say yourself that suppliers aren't asking the right questions of Fujitsubo and we've seen poor and even misleading information presented by these retailers outside of Japan. I've only ever said that if they were my exhausts being resold, I would insist the retailers get it right.

Your 'scratched-record' reply has always been that Fujitsubo don't care about export sales, are not reponsable for sales blurb in English and that buyers should contact the manufacturing company in their local language - ie Japanese. And you call me ridiculous....

Total unfounded garbage to suggest that I have contributed to misconceptions and that I've sniped at Fujitsubos' products. I have consistently stated that is not the case, they are high-quality parts.....you, however, decipher (because it suits your soapbox) my questions/observations as sniping !

Questions such as they're listed for L20s only, that, originally, they weren't made to fit around R200 diffs, there were ground-clearance issues, at some point the lines were not stainless-steel, were they compatible with LHD cars, are they road legal with their elevated db levels, do they only come with one diameter size primary pipes and so on.....

Most of the above points have been addressed by Fujitsubo and I believe that is to reassure the export market buyers.....which reverses your opinion that they only care for their JDM.

Instead of answering those points and rather perpetually accusing me of 'sniping', you (the royal you) have left buyers wondering......and that lack of concise information isn't your fault or even the manufacturer - it's mine and the retailers asking the wrong questions - IF they bother to ask at all.

Get a grip on reality, stop pointing the finger and keep to the facts - not YOUR personal opinions, please. :-)