IGNORED

L24 Battles Six S20's. Guess who wins?

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

Errr what about the names and data that are correct?   2 sides to everything. Some correct data always beats no data in science, exploration, and research

It's not much use if you don't know what part(s) are right and what part(s) are wrong. Bad data is like a virus, and if other people repeat your bad data along with the good then that bad data eventually gets set in stone...

The first post in this thread is a prime example, isn't it? 

1 minute ago, HS30-H said:

Bad data is like a virus, and if other people repeat your bad data along with the good then that bad data eventually gets set in stone...

That's my whole raison d'être to produce some factually correct mini-articles - nothing too long and taxing for most peoples' and especially journalists' minute attention span these days. 18th January 1970......2020 - 50 yrs of racing - gotta be worth a drink to celebrate and a mention in our newsletter.

17 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

Please, can anyone supply a photo or three of the January 1970 racing Fairlady Z (before it got hit that is) ?

And wasn't it the 18th January and not the 17th at Suzuka ?

http://www.mmjp.or.jp/60srace/FordGT40inJapan1.html

You've just quoted a link which contains at least three photos of the car in question. 

The All Japan Suzuka 300km meeting was spread over two days, with qualifying and supporting events on the 17th and the big race and a supporting card on the 18th. So the 432-R practiced & qualified on the 17th and raced on the 18th. 

Nissan press photos:

Press-edit-1.jpg

Press-edit-2.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

Thanks  (no name ?).

The world goes around - that's from David, our national club secretary who lives up at Le Mans just 2hrs from me. I knew he had this imahe but just assumed he'd coloured it in red from an educated guess....and I wanted a real photo with some 'patina'. Thanks to you chaps, I have that and already written to Peter Auto (re Le Mans Classic) : if people aren't told of feats like this (50yrs on the track), they'll never know...whether they want to or not ! :-)