IGNORED

Deja Vu: 1971 Restoration

motorman7

Thanks again everyone, things are coming along nicely. 

Got a lot of the interior in as you can see in the pics.  Most electrical is working except for blinkers so will have to troubleshoot that.  My meter shows that I am not getting power to the turn signal lever.  Kind of weird because all the running lights, headlights and dome light work.  Will play around with that today.  (Edit: that was a quick fix, one small bullet connector near the fuse panel...all better)

Also will be detailing hubcaps, horns and stick shift knob.  

Found a nice pretty new starter from @Zup along with the correct battery cables.  I am looking forward to those coming in.  That should really set off and complete the engine bay.

DSCF6035.JPG

DSCF6037.JPG

DSCF6040.JPG

DSCF6042.JPG

Edited by motorman7
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, madkaw said:

Is this car a keeper or is going on the market ?

Hi Steve,

The car belongs to a gentleman up in the Bay area who is the original owner.  I believe his plans are to hold on to the car and take it to shows.  Hopefully, he will keep me abreast of how the car fares.

23 hours ago, Carl Beck said:

Amazing what can be accomplished in a year of weekends and evenings.....

Yes, this is true.  Fortunately, it is my preferred hobby and I really enjoy the work. With all that goes on in life, working on a Z is therapy for me.

• Like 4