IGNORED

Rotisserie Mounting Points

Careless

• 1 month later...

Seems like the bumper mounts have thus far been adequate. It's currently being blasted but the weather is not playing nice. far too much humidity to complete the job right now.

The flex shown in the photo was due to the rotisserie itself. I added shims between all the sliding points on the roti and it straightened right up. Once it was all straight, I loosened the center connecting bar and realigned and re-torqued it while the car was held straight, and so far the blasting guys haven't had issue rolling it around and flipping it over.

now if the humidity drops, they can complete the job and I can deliver it to the body shop. even some snow would be welcome at this point!

On 10/23/2016 at 8:46 AM, Diseazd said:

How's this for a before and after

Diseazd:

Looking at the photos once again, I think you've nailed the stance perfectly on this white car.  Can you please advise on how you got it there...

• spring & shock set-up?
  • tire size?
  • wheels? (esp. offset)
  • anything else done to affect (or allow) the ride height?

Also:  What type of chin spoiler is this car wearing?

Thanks Namerow.....The white Z is running Eibach springs with Tokico blue shocks. I'm running 16x7 inch Panasport wheels (not sure of the offset) with 205 55 16 Goodrich KDW's. The chin spoiler is the fiberglass BRE Spook from Motorsport. I've since this post, added a rear spoiler.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

So I thought I would tag on to this thread with questions about my rotisserie build. As you can see I’m not very far along , but need to think about how high the car needs to be to clear spinning. I’ve built In adjustability on the main bar so I can adjust balance once I get it close. I know it doesn’t have to be too high to clear, but I figured 36” at the center? 

Still not sure about where I want to mount the front end. I was considering using the sway bar mount points along with the tow hook holes under the frame rail. I know the bumper will hold up- but I also have repair to do at the radiator core and the right bumper mount. Might be a mute point because I might fix the radiator core first, but still considering mounting at frame rail. 

C91E8A6B-8F02-40FD-AC62-01A982012185.jpeg

2 hours ago, madkaw said:

I know it doesn’t have to be too high to clear, but I figured 36” at the center? 

On my rotisserie the center point of rotation is 41" above the bottom bar. I have a bar that runs the full length to keep the ends tied together. In the rear, the pivot is about 7" below the rear deck lid and about 9" above the top edge of the bottom of the radiator support. The car is pretty neutral at these heights when fully stripped...

So MadKaw, for the fronts are you still planning to mount at the sway bar?  That's really all I could think of but I would want to make sure I had a visibly good quality body & paint job around the sway bar mount points when I was finished.  I have seen so many times, that area of the car is allowed to be rough when completed.

Edited by 87mj

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

On my rotisserie the center point of rotation is 41" above the bottom bar. I have a bar that runs the full length to keep the ends tied together. In the rear, the pivot is about 7" below the rear deck lid and about 9" above the top edge of the bottom of the radiator support. The car is pretty neutral at these heights when fully stripped...

That seems like a lot! So how many inches does the body clear the bottom bar at its closest point? These cars are 60+ inches across , so I thought 36” would be safe . I’m hoping I can jack car up high enough with my Quick jack ,  to not have to put hydraulic jacks on the rotisserie. 

i guess everyone’s set up is different as far as contact points, so it’s hard to compare notes . 

18 hours ago, madkaw said:

5” is pretty good , so centerline could be lower depending on center connecting bar height. 

Thanks Charles

Maybe, It will depend on how you mount it and where neutral twirl is. I built my rotisserie for more than just this project and the extra height helps me not worry about contact.