IGNORED

Weber selection and initial jet tuning

blodi

Found a source for both parts and ordered them up today.  I did get the car started with the new dizzy last night and adjusted the timing, but realized I couldn't tighten it down with the 240 mount/plate. 

• Like 2

I installed the new dizzy and got the timing all set.  Took it for a spin Friday afternoon and it ran great and pulled hard! But, once you got over about 3.5K, the tach would start bouncing all over the place. So I stopped for gas and reconnected the resistor in an attempt to fix that.  Well, I started the car and it died after about 10 seconds. Long story short, I fried the ignition module. Had to get a ride from a friend back home and got the old dizzy and installed it and got the car home.   So, I ordered a new ignition module and I guess I'll have to look for a 280z tach to install.  

• 4 months later...

5 months later....  

I finally got around to trying to install the 280z tach here while it’s winter.  Quickly realized I can’t remove my stock tach as my car has a full dash cap on it and blocks the tach from coming out. I don’t want to force anything and break the cap or tach.  
    So...anyone know of a aftermarket dizzy that will work with a stock 240z tach?  I haven’t searched yet.  Also...anyone need a 280z  tach or rebuilt dizzy? ?

20 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Zx dizzy with stock tach is what I have on my '72.  No problems at all.

Sorry, I meant that I had a 280zx dizzy that I was installing. I did try it with my 240 tach and it's fine until about 3K and then will bounce like crazy. 

I used a zx distributor with my stock 74 tachometer. Lots and lots of people have zx distributor with stock tachometers and no problems I think. I'm inclined to suggest try a different stock tacho before a different distributor. Maybe there's a problem with your tacho.

Yeah, the problem is I can't get my tach out because of my full dash cap blocking it in. 

Sounds like some people have issues with the swap and some don't :

https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/122001-240z-tach-issues-with-280zx-distributor/

Im wondering if there is any dizzy out there that will work with a 240z tach without issue...other than a stock 240z dizzy. Aftermarket?