IGNORED

Selling my beloved Z. Where to start?

HaZmatt

51 minutes ago, wheee! said:

I really wish you luck with your new business.
.... but I am truly sad to see you sell your car. I followed your build and lived the process with you it felt.
Wish there was another way for you to keep it. Hate to say it, but you will regret it one day.
Buying your car is a better proposition than finishing mine almost. Damm cdn peso just kills it for me though...

Thank you sir. I wish there was another way too, believe me Iv'e thought about this for awhile. I do realize that I will regret it eventually but i'm willing to make the sacrifice. Besides I regret selling pretty much every car I've owned LOL.

If you can find the funds I would be happy to make you a great deal on it. I know you would appreciate it more than anyone. I would hate to sell it to some douche that throws it in a garage somewhere and doesn't truly enjoy it.

• Like 1

Like others have said, it makes me sad to see you sell your incredible Z, but I understand and wish you the best with both the sale and your business venture.

I agree that Barrett Jackson is not the right venue for a Z.  The cars that bring good money there are American muscle cars.  The bidders just aren't there for Japanese cars.  BAT is a good place to start and then maybe try to find a foreign buyer even though I'd hate to see another Z leave the country.  One of my old 240's is now in Paris. 

2 hours ago, dmoralesbello said:

Love your car, pal. Really sorry to see you part with it. Wish I could buy it from you but I just finished mine! Most certainly 25K easy. Maybe we can work something out?

You could always have two Z's. :D

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jeff G 78 said:

Like others have said, it makes me sad to see you sell your incredible Z, but I understand and wish you the best with both the sale and your business venture.

I agree that Barrett Jackson is not the right venue for a Z.  The cars that bring good money there are American muscle cars.  The bidders just aren't there for Japanese cars.  BAT is a good place to start and then maybe try to find a foreign buyer even though I'd hate to see another Z leave the country.  One of my old 240's is now in Paris. 

Thanks Jeff.  Curious....how did you end up finding a foreign buyer? Ebay? Was there any pains with shipping and customs?

I actually didn't Matt. I sold my Z local and then it was sold local again to a guy who moved to France and took it with him. 

We did have a member here who sold his 240Z to a foreign buyer. He's not around the forum any longer after buying a 911 to replace his Z. I'm drawing a complete blank on his name, but I'm sure somebody will chime in and post it. 

54 minutes ago, Jeff G 78 said:

We did have a member here who sold his 240Z to a foreign buyer. He's not around the forum any longer after buying a 911 to replace his Z. I'm drawing a complete blank on his name, but I'm sure somebody will chime in and post it. 

Arne? @Arne

2 hours ago, Jeff G 78 said:

I agree that Barrett Jackson is not the right venue for a Z.  

That's BS. Barrett Jackson (Scottsdale, AZ auction) sold over 100 million dollars in cars last year in a global market. There is no validity to say its not the right venue for a Z car.  What I said is for the OP to check out the AZ auctions and do a little research. And since he lives in Colorado the auctions here would be very convenient. But if he wants to limit his options to BAT then go for it. 

Edited by Consigli
more info

If that were my car, I would send it to Mecum, Barrett Jackson, Russo & Steele or Gooding and Company.

I would not even think twice. But to each his own. I think they would recommend you raise the car back up some

to get more attention. Many potential $$$ buyers are not after that look.

Echoing what others have said, I'm sad to see you have to let it go.  I read every post on your build log and it was certainly inspiring.

BaT or eBay are good options.  Please don't take this as a slight to your car, because it isn't, but I don't think BaT will get you $25-30.  Most of the cars there seem to be in the teens, with this 73 (http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-14/) that went for almost $28 being an outlier.  Of course, with auctions, what matters most is getting at least two people who really want the car, but that's never a guarantee.  Good luck!

• Like 1

• bpilati locked this topic
  • Mike unlocked this topic