IGNORED

Selling my beloved Z. Where to start?

HaZmatt

Hello friends,

The time has come for me to try and sell my 280Z. I never imagined I would ever want to sell it but I am in the process of starting a new business and need the space and money.  I'm wondering how much you think it's worth. I know it's a tricky market and I don't want to overprice and scare away people but definitely don't want to cut myself short either. Here is what I have to give you an idea. It's a 75 280z that has been completely restored top to bottom. Completely disassembled. Put on a rotisserie, all rust was removed.

• Body work and paint done professionally.
  • 240z bumpers and front fascia installed
  • All suspension components powdercoated
  • All hardware yellow zinc plated 
  • Brand new weatherstripping
  • Rebello 3.0 liter stroker
  • Triple Weber 45s
  • Custom stainless exhaust
  • 5 speed transmission
  • BC coilovers
  • Rota RkR wheels 15x8
  • Silvermine Stage 3 front brake kit

Much much more but this gives you an idea. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the car. Starts up every time and is amazing to drive. I have well over $30k in receipts. I realize that I will not get that back but where would you start for pricing? I would like to stay away from craigslist and facebook pages, because I would like to just deal with serious buyers.  This is not a for sale ad, just looking for opinions. I appreciate the help as always!

DSC_0182.JPG

DSC_0809.jpg

DSC_0828.jpg

Z1.jpg

Z7.jpg

Z8.jpg

20160531_174604.jpg

20160531_174617.jpg

I agree. 25k to start. Your car might be a good candidate for a bring a trailer auction. Sorry though to see you sell. Best of luck though.

One more comment..just my personal opinion but you might consider raising the stance a bit. My recollection is that you have the bc coilovers so shouldn't be too difficult. Raising might appeal to a larger buyer base.

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

Everyone here knows what a brilliant build you did on that car, I hope you get  a LOT money, you couldn't buy a better turn key hotrod Z. Good luck.

What's the new business, car restoration?;)

Thank you Grannyknot. I really appreciate it. As for the new businesss, I'll be doing what i've been doing for 20 years. Automotive window tinting, paint protection film, and detailing. Just going to be doing it on my own. Hopefully someday I will be able to do another restoration :D

44 minutes ago, jonathanrussell said:

I agree. 25k to start. Your car might be a good candidate for a bring a trailer auction. Sorry though to see you sell. Best of luck though.

One more comment..just my personal opinion but you might consider raising the stance a bit. My recollection is that you have the bc coilovers so shouldn't be too difficult. Raising might appeal to a larger buyer base.

I was thinking Bring-a-trailer as well. Good call on the stance. I'll raise it up a tad and take some more pictures.

2 hours ago, wheee! said:

Noooooooooo!!!!!!
If I wasn't b@lls deep in my own project I would buy this in a heartbeat.
Seriously, I feel a personal loss here..! I feel like flipping sofa cushions to make an offer...

Hahaaahaa, Thanks brotha. Yours will turn out even better!

• bpilati locked this topic
  • Mike unlocked this topic