IGNORED

#64 just popped up on ebay

hr369

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

And if you are 100% sure, then is it worth over $60K to you? Because last time this thing was on ebay, it went "reserve not met" at over $58K.

Here's the thread last time we talked about it: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/55453-0064/

I didn't say I was buying it... but to someone who really likes datsuns, has the funds, and is looking for the "early enough example to be satisfied" number, that answer is a definite yes. 

Edited by Careless

10 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

And if you are 100% sure, then is it worth over $60K to you? Because last time this thing was on ebay, it went "reserve not met" at over $58K.

No! I thought I remembered something like that. I thought the seller should have taken that offer and run to the bank...

I think so too. I don't know how much he's holding out for, but I'm still surprised he's got a reserve somewhere over 58K.

I'm half torn between the two mindsets of A) "More power to ya!! The higher you can drive the price, the better for all of us" and B) the seeming arrogance of turning away a bid of just under $60K for that car.

On 7/10/2016 at 4:26 AM, hr369 said:

Are you kidding me? 58k???  Now I could see that price possibly for #13 because it's all original and unrestored but come on, 58k for that car?

number13.JPG

but the question is... is that car even available for $60+K? 

• Like 1

Is that a Fairlady radio panel?  Volume control on the right?

Edit - I'm still not really clear on what "Fairlady" actually means.  Pretty sure they're right-hand drive...

Edited by Zed Head

44 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Is that a Fairlady radio panel?  Volume control on the right?

Edit - I'm still not really clear on what "Fairlady" actually means.  Pretty sure they're right-hand drive...

I google/images that picture.  It does have the antenna on the same side though.  I'm almost positive the first Zs only had AM though but can't say for sure if a right handed car has the opposite volume knob.  Theres two members that know the answer but whether or not they enlighten me is unknown.  Maybe so?

How can you see the pictures still? He pulled the auciton. 

You are correct. Tuning is on the left on some  RHD cars.  I say some because i'm sure there is some obscure anomaly out there that i'm not aware of.

fairlady-l-radio.jpg

DSCF1907.JPG

Edited by hr369
  • Like 1