IGNORED

Advice lining up MSA exhaust on a 240?

siteunseen

16 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Have you tried flipping that Z shaped pipe at the rear? My outlet right before the muffler is all the way up. Your's looks lower. Good luck, you'll get it I'm positive.

You have the flanged kit. Mine is a slip fit, so the pipes can only go one direction. I have the pipe right against the trimmed diff and the muffler is too far outboard. As I rotate the pipe up, the top of the  muffler is tight to the body, yet still is outboard. The long center pipe is touching the steel NVH damper bolted to the front diff crossmember. 

I will put the muffler back on and take pics this morning. 

5 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

image.jpeg

That's about the angle i tried. My outlet is at least an inch to the left compared to that pic. The left side of the muffler is against the body. If I move it to the center of the cutout, the pipe is below the diff and very low at the front diff crossmember. 

I installed one of those systems last year, and it fit poorly.  Had to heat and bend the mid pipe to get it to clear the floor, and the rear pipe was too long.  I cut a one inch section out of it in the straight part, and put it back together with a 2.5 inch band clamp.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Freez74 said:

I installed one of those systems last year, and it fit poorly.  Had to heat and bend the mid pipe to get it to clear the floor, and the rear pipe was too long.  I cut a one inch section out of it in the straight part, and put it back together with a 2.5 inch band clamp.

That sounds exactly like mine. I figured cutting an inch out of the center of the Z pipe would help a lot. 

The long underbody pipe fits poorly, but I might be able to live with it. 

My welding skills are not great. I am okay where there was no gap, but I keep blowing holes while trying to fill the void. About half the circumference was tight together , but there was a 1/16" gap in parts. I'm getting there, but lots more grinding than I should need. 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope you won't have to add a resonator like I did. Luckily it's not too expensive if you get one in their stock. I think mine is 18" and they charged like $50 maybe? The resonator was $20 i remember that. Odd that my 2.4 did not have any odd noises, drones. They both sound great and are quite if you step lightly. LOL